Got ordained

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-06-2015, 01:39 PM
Got ordained
That's right, I just got ordained as a minister through the First Church of Atheism. I might even go so far as to order the materials in order to perform weddings and other events that clergy are typically used for. Before everyone gets bent out of shape, it's a church for legal purposes.

Who are we? We find that we live on an insignificant planet of a humdrum star lost in a galaxy tucked away in some forgotten corner of a universe in which there are far more galaxies than people.

-Carl Sagan
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like USMCLoggy's post
30-06-2015, 01:57 PM
RE: Got ordained
(30-06-2015 01:39 PM)USMCLoggy Wrote:  That's right, I just got ordained as a minister through the First Church of Atheism. I might even go so far as to order the materials in order to perform weddings and other events that clergy are typically used for. Before everyone gets bent out of shape, it's a church for legal purposes.

Somewhere in my boxes I have my Doctor of ministry from some similar thing. It doesn't say "atheism" tho. It's like a PhD in *religious horseshit*. I should find it and put it on my wall. My dad has his kindergarden graduation certificate framed in his office right next to his medical degree.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 5 users Like Bucky Ball's post
30-06-2015, 02:53 PM
I'm a Dudeist.
[+] 2 users Like pablo's post
30-06-2015, 03:30 PM
I was always a little disappointed that I was never contacted by the Jedi Temple after putting "Jedi" under Religion on my college entrance form.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
30-06-2015, 07:34 PM
I am ordained by about ten different churches. One of which is pagan. Did it as a joke. I have all the certificates....around here somewhere???

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
30-06-2015, 08:12 PM
During a round of debates in the "Creationism vs. Evolution" chatroom, when I was in college, a fellow biology student and I got tired of people citing "Dr. Dino" Kent Hovind, a moron who thinks dinos and humans lived at the same time and who got a diploma from a mill called "Patriot University", which turned out to be a split-level ranch house somewhere near Colorado Springs, if I recall correctly.

So we immediately went to the online mill "By Bayou University" and got our doctorates in "Evolutionary Rhetoric".

So I'm as real a PhD as Dr.Dino! Tongue

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
30-06-2015, 08:20 PM
(30-06-2015 08:12 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  During a round of debates in the "Creationism vs. Evolution" chatroom, when I was in college, a fellow biology student and I got tired of people citing "Dr. Dino" Kent Hovind, a moron who thinks dinos and humans lived at the same time and who got a diploma from a mill called "Patriot University", which turned out to be a split-level ranch house somewhere near Colorado Springs, if I recall correctly.

So we immediately went to the online mill "By Bayou University" and got our doctorates in "Evolutionary Rhetoric".

So I'm as real a PhD as Dr.Dino! Tongue

Ha! You could make a fortune!

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
30-06-2015, 09:15 PM
(30-06-2015 01:57 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(30-06-2015 01:39 PM)USMCLoggy Wrote:  That's right, I just got ordained as a minister through the First Church of Atheism. I might even go so far as to order the materials in order to perform weddings and other events that clergy are typically used for. Before everyone gets bent out of shape, it's a church for legal purposes.

Somewhere in my boxes I have my Doctor of ministry from some similar thing. It doesn't say "atheism" tho. It's like a PhD in *religious horseshit*. I should find it and put it on my wall. My dad has his kindergarden graduation certificate framed in his office right next to his medical degree.

I like your father. Thumbsup

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-06-2015, 10:11 PM
I agree about the father. I'd prefer to have a doctor who placed the kindergarten diploma next to the medical degree.

It has a certain Kurt Vonnegut feel to it.

[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
01-07-2015, 10:17 AM
I was really hoping to be ordained a Sith Lord but the one site I found hadn't been updated since 2008.

Who are we? We find that we live on an insignificant planet of a humdrum star lost in a galaxy tucked away in some forgotten corner of a universe in which there are far more galaxies than people.

-Carl Sagan
[+] 1 user Likes USMCLoggy's post