Got the Message

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-10-2014, 06:17 PM
RE: Got the Message
Someone needs to modify those commandments to add in Thou shall not rape or torture or believe in silly gods. Also, thou shall not erect monuments on government land.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-10-2014, 06:31 PM
It's already freaking illegal. Bigoted judges have been ignoring that.

Oklahoma state constitution article II section 5: No public money or property shall ever be appropriated, applied, donated, or used, directly or indirectly, for the use, benefit, or support of any sect, church, denomination, or system of religion, or for the use, benefit, or support of any priest, preacher, minister, or other religious teacher or dignitary, or sectarian institution as such.
[+] 1 user Likes natachan's post
26-10-2014, 07:28 PM
(26-10-2014 09:07 AM)Anjele Wrote:  While I agree that the statue didn't belong there, I do not like the act of vandalism. I don't see it helping the cause.

I agree, It just makes us all look really bad. There are better more diplomatic ways of dealing with it.

It actually makes me feel a little upset that it happened.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
[+] 1 user Likes Shadow Fox's post
26-10-2014, 10:52 PM
(26-10-2014 06:09 PM)natachan Wrote:  I'm wondering about if it can be re-erected. When the lawsuit was filed an injunction was filed preventing any new monuments being put up. That's why the satan statue isn't there. But since this isn't a new monument is it allowed?

if old religious stuff can't be erected then how the hell can new ones be erected ?
26-10-2014, 10:54 PM
I'm wondering why some of us think this makes atheists look bad. From what I read on the forum, the guy claims the devil told him to do it. Atheists don't believe in the devil any more than we believe in god(s). The devil would be just another god-figure. I know some theists think atheists are devil worshipers, but this is just another chance to point out how moronic that idea is.
26-10-2014, 11:27 PM
(26-10-2014 09:16 AM)Reltzik Wrote:  First, an obligatory comment that "vandalism is wrong, mm-kay?" and this isn't how to settle this kind of issue.

That said... What Would Moses Do?

[Image: SMITE_BUTTON_by_hayatefan.jpg]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
27-10-2014, 12:07 AM
(26-10-2014 10:54 PM)OddGamer Wrote:  I'm wondering why some of us think this makes atheists look bad. From what I read on the forum, the guy claims the devil told him to do it. Atheists don't believe in the devil any more than we believe in god(s). The devil would be just another god-figure. I know some theists think atheists are devil worshipers, but this is just another chance to point out how moronic that idea is.

Theists have a hard time wrapping their heads around the concept of not believing their religion. Even if you can convince them you genuinely don't believe, instead of just wanting to sin or some such nonsense, they still sometimes fail to grasp the scope of things this covers.

Remember these are the same people who frequently threaten us with hell, which we also don't believe in.

Popcorn I put more thought into fiction than theists put into reality.
27-10-2014, 01:37 AM
Re: RE: Got the Message
(27-10-2014 12:07 AM)CleverUsername Wrote:  Theists have a hard time wrapping their heads around the concept of not believing their religion. Even if you can convince them you genuinely don't believe, instead of just wanting to sin or some such nonsense, they still sometimes fail to grasp the scope of things this covers.

Yes, I noticed on a christian forum that no matter how many times I stated my position (of no belief) it never really seemed to be acknowledged. They insisted that I was angry with god or that I had not tried hard enough etc..

Presumably, it is a part of re-enforcing their own delusion as even accepting that there are people who don't believe what they believe would cast a tiny seed of doubt. Their god also probably seems so real to them that it must seem inconceivable that someone can deny its existence.

Odd really, because I take them at their word that they believe whatever delusion they say they believe.

Using Tapatalk
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
27-10-2014, 01:40 AM
(26-10-2014 11:27 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(26-10-2014 09:16 AM)Reltzik Wrote:  First, an obligatory comment that "vandalism is wrong, mm-kay?" and this isn't how to settle this kind of issue.

That said... What Would Moses Do?

[Image: SMITE_BUTTON_by_hayatefan.jpg]

I was thinking "smash the commandments", but that works too.
27-10-2014, 07:44 AM
(26-10-2014 10:54 PM)OddGamer Wrote:  I'm wondering why some of us think this makes atheists look bad. From what I read on the forum, the guy claims the devil told him to do it. Atheists don't believe in the devil any more than we believe in god(s). The devil would be just another god-figure. I know some theists think atheists are devil worshipers, but this is just another chance to point out how moronic that idea is.

They won't believe you. It's a sort of "If you're not with us, then you're against us" mentality. They see no room for being neutral or just not giving a rat's ass.

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?