Got the Message

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-10-2014, 08:02 AM
RE: Got the Message
(26-10-2014 09:07 AM)Anjele Wrote:  While I agree that the statue didn't belong there, I do not like the act of vandalism. I don't see it helping the cause.

Agreed. This just adds more fuel to the "atheists have no morals" fire.

From what I've been seeing, the secularists have been winning some ground lately as courts have been forcing equal protections of laws that allow religious things on public property.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-10-2014, 09:41 AM
(27-10-2014 08:02 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(26-10-2014 09:07 AM)Anjele Wrote:  While I agree that the statue didn't belong there, I do not like the act of vandalism. I don't see it helping the cause.

Agreed. This just adds more fuel to the "atheists have no morals" fire.

From what I've been seeing, the secularists have been winning some ground lately as courts have been forcing equal protections of laws that allow religious things on public property.

how long before other religions ask for having their religious monuments being placed on federal property and Christans says its unconstitutional for them to do that? yet ignore the one that they allowed
27-10-2014, 09:56 AM
(27-10-2014 09:41 AM)Ace Wrote:  how long before other religions ask for having their religious monuments being placed on federal property and Christans says its unconstitutional for them to do that? yet ignore the one that they allowed

Pretty sure that already happened, with the Satanic and Hindu monuments other groups wanted put up.

Popcorn I put more thought into fiction than theists put into reality.
27-10-2014, 10:05 AM
(27-10-2014 09:56 AM)CleverUsername Wrote:  
(27-10-2014 09:41 AM)Ace Wrote:  how long before other religions ask for having their religious monuments being placed on federal property and Christans says its unconstitutional for them to do that? yet ignore the one that they allowed

Pretty sure that already happened, with the Satanic and Hindu monuments other groups wanted put up.
I think it would be cool to have a hanuman statue put up. Not only you would get controversy you'd also get guff from creationist saying its a evolutionist idol since he looks like a monkey man.

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
[+] 1 user Likes grizzlysnake's post
27-10-2014, 10:54 AM

Yeah, that's what I was referencing. That, and the handing out of Satanic coloring books where Bibles are handed out, and whatnot.
27-10-2014, 12:27 PM

No, they placed a moratorium on the erection of new monuments until after the resolution of the court case against this one.
27-10-2014, 01:29 PM
(27-10-2014 10:05 AM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  
(27-10-2014 09:56 AM)CleverUsername Wrote:  Pretty sure that already happened, with the Satanic and Hindu monuments other groups wanted put up.
I think it would be cool to have a hanuman statue put up. Not only you would get controversy you'd also get guff from creationist saying its a evolutionist idol since he looks like a monkey man.

let me guess we're gonna have Hindu's getting angry at fundies for insulting on of their deities
27-10-2014, 02:04 PM
(27-10-2014 01:29 PM)Ace Wrote:  
(27-10-2014 10:05 AM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  I think it would be cool to have a hanuman statue put up. Not only you would get controversy you'd also get guff from creationist saying its a evolutionist idol since he looks like a monkey man.

let me guess we're gonna have Hindu's getting angry at fundies for insulting on of their deities

Well yeah, no one likes sharing public spaces.

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
27-10-2014, 02:20 PM
(27-10-2014 02:04 PM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  
(27-10-2014 01:29 PM)Ace Wrote:  let me guess we're gonna have Hindu's getting angry at fundies for insulting on of their deities

Well yeah, no one likes sharing public spaces.

knowing the fundies self proclaimed leaders will act high and mighty and cause the spread of racism

I just hope this doesn't create tension between the US and India, our prime minister is a Hindu nationalist with a bad rap
27-10-2014, 02:25 PM
On a positive note to believe in satan you have to also believe in god...so at least it was a christian who did it?