Got this in my email.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-05-2016, 08:02 AM
Got this in my email.
I already know, but have to ask. How bullshit is it? FYI, there is a video with sound that plays automatically. Mute it before opening if at work.

Biblical Diabetes Cure
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-05-2016, 08:36 AM
RE: Got this in my email.
(19-05-2016 08:02 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  I already know, but have to ask. How bullshit is it? FYI, there is a video with sound that plays automatically. Mute it before opening if at work.

Biblical Diabetes Cure

Reads like a litany list of hype buzzwords "Miracle Cure!", "Big pharma!"

From what I could glean from this sales pitch, he's just repackaged a diet plan and is selling it as a "biblical" cure-all. This is a very standard snake-oil salesman tactic.

Yeah, if you diet and lose a lot of weight, you're going to see improvement in a number of health issues.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 3 users Like TheInquisition's post
19-05-2016, 09:05 AM
all I read is that this cure existed in the bible, no meds, doctors or conventional stuff needs and that this is revolutionary, some random guy lost a few pounds, this is like magic and all of this is reused indefinitely throughout the page

and the this guy has several books and wants us to buy it instead of telling it to us for free, I call snake oil salesman
[+] 1 user Likes Ace's post
19-05-2016, 09:10 PM
It's all pitch, no substance.

To be fair (and I really don't want to be, in this case), what he's pitching IS the substance. As in, pay him money to get the details.

We can hardly debunk the claim if there's no claim there to actually be debunked.

That said, with a bit of Googling, it LOOKS like the "Daniel Diet" is basically "eat only vegetables, drink only water". Which... isn't that bad of a diet if you pick the right vegetables. But ascribing it to Biblical revelation is almost as much bullshit as, say, ascribing knowledge of underwater mountains to Biblical revelation. Also, the "big pharma conspiracy" is bullshit too. (In this case, at least.)

But yeah, this is really just a longwinded ad for his book where he manages to trot out every type of evidence (anecdote, unreliable authority, conspiracy theory, etc) that ISN'T reliable.
19-05-2016, 09:29 PM
All the people shown are from stock photos.

"Mary H"

"Ryan W"

"Sean C"

"CEO Donald W"

☆☆☆
[+] 12 users Like CosmicRaven's post
19-05-2016, 11:44 PM
There's no cure for diabetes. If you improve your lifestyle having a healthy diet, doing exercise and avoiding junk food (also high glucemic index food that aren't necesary junk food) you can live a happy life with diabetes.

"Skepticism is the first step towards truth" -Denis Diderot
20-05-2016, 02:10 AM
(19-05-2016 09:29 PM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  All the people shown are from stock photos.

"Mary H"

"Ryan W"

"Sean C"

"CEO Donald W"

VERY nice catch. How do you track down something like that? Is there some sort of image-search software or something?
20-05-2016, 05:05 AM
(19-05-2016 09:29 PM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  All the people shown are from stock photos.

"Mary H"

"Ryan W"

"Sean C"

"CEO Donald W"

Busted! Good job!Thumbsup

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
20-05-2016, 05:13 AM
If they think that "god" inflicted them with a malady to begin with -- why would they want to interfere with "his plan"?????

Why don't they just STFU and get busy with dying already?????

Don't they know that "Jesus loves them"????

You'd think they'd be glad....... but nooooooooo....

They "pray" (read "beg on bended knee" ) to be cured.......

Oh ye of little faith....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
20-05-2016, 05:50 AM
(20-05-2016 05:13 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  If they think that "god" inflicted them with a malady to begin with -- why would they want to interfere with "his plan"?????

Why don't they just STFU and get busy with dying already?????

Don't they know that "Jesus loves them"????

You'd think they'd be glad....... but nooooooooo....

They "pray" (read "beg on bended knee" ) to be cured.......

Oh ye of little faith....

You would think they'd be all excited about meeting jeebus...
Perhaps they do lack faith...

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 1 user Likes Fatbaldhobbit's post