Got witnessed to while out on my bicycle.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-04-2013, 09:41 AM
RE: Got witnessed to while out on my bicycle.
Look up horrific stories of the things christians have done and give him 10 stories each day and ask him to pray for those people.
Each time he comes to see you he will be expecting 10 more horrific stories to plague his thoughts.

He will desire less and less to come and see you.

I know this because I knew a young woman once who only spoke about horrific things that happened in her life.
Every conversation would turn to something very negative and would invoke images that I had a hard time dealing with.
Even after I told her "No more horrific tales of how you grew up or of how life is now", she still could only talk about the horrors.

I had to stop talking to her.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-04-2013, 10:12 AM
Most likely, I won't call him because it could only devolve into me releasing information that could affect his worldview, . . . and because he was such a nice guy, I'd hate to do that to him. To go from "a christian" to "a deconvert" can be a very hard road. Loss of friends, disowning from family, etc, . . . . . . . . and since he wasn't a dick, I'd rather just let him live his life in blissful ignorance.
26-04-2013, 11:16 AM (This post was last modified: 26-04-2013 11:40 AM by Ameron1963.)
(25-04-2013 11:51 PM)Egor Wrote:  Miracles don't convince anyone. Even if someone said they had the power of Jesus Christ that came from God the Father, and they raised a rotted corpse back to life (back to a healthy body, not a zombie), you still would lose your faith. After all, there's lots of things we have no explanation for in this universe:

consciousness
gravity
dark matter
dark energy
wave/particle duality
non-locality
instincts in animals
psi phenomena
trainable paramecia

That's all I can think of off the top of my head. My point is: Just because the guy said he had the power of Jesus Christ doesn't mean he was right. He might have been mistaken.

Accepting the existence of God starts with seeing yourself as a sinner and as imperfect and not looking away from that with all the various psychological defense mechanisms we normally use to look away. To be in a state of sin and imprefection is not humanly, psychologically, bearable. One will seek salvation somehow if they truly look at what they are.

So, we always--always--accept God's existence, and His gift of salvation through Jesus Christ, after emotional consideration--never logic or reason (We only see the logic and reason afterwards.), and we never--ever--believe in God from miracles.

I think that most of us realise that we are imperfect. Not crazy about the word "Sinners", but I'll let that slide. But accepting gods existence doesn't make god exist. I can "accept" that morons caused Atlantis to sink when they fired their slingshots at the aliens who created it and pissed them off! Doesn't make it so. Science doesn't claim to be able to explain everything. It's kind of a process. But, hey! When I flip the switch, my lights come on! Pretty cool, huh? When I pray to god, I get no response at all. http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/loca...FB_PHBrand

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/25...55893.html

This is "faith" in action!
26-04-2013, 11:58 AM

DR, you're not without sin. Disbelieving in God doesn't change that. I don't even have to tell you that, you know it.

The burden of sin is so great to the thinking man that it has to be dealt with one way or another. People commit suicide, people become atheists, people switch religions to one that doesn't include their sin, people strive to do good things to outweigh the bad, but only a very few choose to carry their cross, realizing that only God can forgive sins. They let their spirit die so it can be reborn as Christ.

Which way faces the truth of the matter?
Quote this message in a reply
26-04-2013, 12:34 PM
Oh look, it's a nutjob.

[Image: MgwtB9czKB-4.png]

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
26-04-2013, 12:42 PM

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 2 users Like kingschosen's post
26-04-2013, 01:32 PM

Not sure, but from the thread title I think DeavonReye is a Mormon Missionary.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
26-04-2013, 02:09 PM
HA!! Good one, Erxomai! Mormons are freaking nutjobs for even considering Joseph Smith's story!

Egor, it really doesn't matter what we put labels on, or "see as an offense to a god". Without that god existing, "sin" is just a word. I do things that may be wrong, but make amends for it, if possible. I am responsible for my own actions. I have no fear of a "god of wrath" because "him" punishing me for "not being perfect" would be quite hypocritical of "him", wouldn't it?!!! The answer is, "yes".

Anyway, as for the guy, . . . I understand his "desire to get with me to just talk about other things". He is trying to "get me to come back to god". Respectful, I suppose, . . . futile in any real sense of reality.
[+] 1 user Likes DeavonReye's post
26-04-2013, 04:28 PM
I worked in a fraternety for my meals when I was in college so many years ago it is scary. One of my fellow hashers was recently born again, he would not leave me alone about how happy he was to be born again and how much better I would feel if I became such. In order to end the madness I finally agreed to meet him for coffee not just at work. 15 maybe 30 minutes later he realized it was hopeless, he never bothered me again. Too many years ago to remember exactly what shut him up but I was so glad I did. I expect I got crude a bit.

Oddly enough he did get to one of the other hashers who was probably the "wildest" of all of us, go figure.
26-04-2013, 09:02 PM

(26-04-2013 02:09 PM)DeavonReye Wrote:  Egor, it really doesn't matter what we put labels on, or "see as an offense to a god". Without that god existing, "sin" is just a word.

That's my point.

Quote: I do things that may be wrong, but make amends for it, if possible.

Why bother?
Quote this message in a reply