Gotta brag on my son.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-08-2013, 08:50 AM
RE: Gotta brag on my son.
(03-08-2013 08:48 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(03-08-2013 08:44 AM)Chas Wrote:  Yum, tastes just like chicken. Drooling

Is a chicken. Thumbsup

No, chicken specially created. See how drumstick fit hand? How egg is perfect with bacon?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
03-08-2013, 08:53 AM
KC... your kid's an awesome kid... and you are an awesome Dad. Except... the snake trick was evil. Anyway, he'll pay you back as an adolescent I'm sure Big Grin

The Calvinism thing... I don't see it as a bad thing. The kid is gonna learn a lot from you about logic, respecting and understanding other people's points of view and stuff like that. I learned the same kinda shit from my parents, and ya know, even the religious stuff which I found so stultifying, I wouldn't trade it for anything, because it's part of who I am... he'll find his own way with a strong foundation... and regardless of the path he chooses he will be a credit to the human race...

Thus endeth the soothsaying...
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
03-08-2013, 09:00 AM
(03-08-2013 08:53 AM)morondog Wrote:  KC... your kid's an awesome kid... and you are an awesome Dad. Except... the snake trick was evil. Anyway, he'll pay you back as an adolescent I'm sure Big Grin

The Calvinism thing... I don't see it as a bad thing. The kid is gonna learn a lot from you about logic, respecting and understanding other people's points of view and stuff like that. I learned the same kinda shit from my parents, and ya know, even the religious stuff which I found so stultifying, I wouldn't trade it for anything, because it's part of who I am... he'll find his own way with a strong foundation... and regardless of the path he chooses he will be a credit to the human race...

Thus endeth the soothsaying...

You do the soothsaying. I'll just hack away with my sword. Tempted to get fencing lessons since holding that steel piece of beautiful at the ComicCon. Drooling

Proud of your son for being such an intelligent boy.

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
03-08-2013, 09:06 AM
(03-08-2013 07:07 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  My son is almost 4. He was playing with his toy dinosaurs. He had a cheaply made pteranodon and asked, "Daddy, why did they put feathers on the pteranodon? Pterandons didn't have feathers; only theropods had feathers"

I said, "That's right son. I don't know why they put feathers on it."

I then asked him, "What did theropods turn into?"

He said, "Birds."

Proud of my little boy. He's smart Thumbsup

It's all fun and games until he's being hunted down by a t-rex on an island off the coast of Peru...

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
03-08-2013, 09:07 AM
(03-08-2013 09:00 AM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  You do the soothsaying. I'll just hack away with my sword. Tempted to get fencing lessons since holding that steel piece of beautiful at the ComicCon. Drooling

Fencing lesson 1

You will need: 1 roll of barbed wire... Tongue
03-08-2013, 09:08 AM
(03-08-2013 08:24 AM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  
(03-08-2013 07:37 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Yeah, but then you'll have him believing in Calvanism. It all evens out. Drinking Beverage

No, but seriously. I am surprised your child even knows those words. O-o

I thought if anyone, you'd understand. I guess I was wrong.

Perhaps it was a tasteless joke. Sorry. Undecided

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
03-08-2013, 08:19 PM
I don't think we can say for sure that features were restricted to the therapod line though...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feathered_d...f_feathers

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
[+] 1 user Likes Hafnof's post
21-08-2013, 10:14 PM
For those that aren't on my FB... more dinosaur discussions with a not-quite 4 year old.

Stemming from the previous theropod/bird discussion I had with Cohen, this is what I got today:

"Daddy, is a megalodon a great white shark?"

"Well, no, son... it's a distant cousin... it lived a long time before the great white..."

"YEAH! In the Cenozoic."

"How... you actually remember me telling you that?"

"Daddy, a titanoboa couldn't wrap up a t-rex."

"I don't know, that might be a good fight."

"(laughing) No Daddy... titanoboa lived during the Paleocene. (laughing again) Silly Daddy. T-rex and triceratops lived during the Precratious (he can't say Cretaceous yet) not the Paleocene. Jurassic Park is wrong. T-rex and triceratops lived during the Precratious not the Jurassic."

"Yes... yes. That's... that's right. You actually remem..."

"Jurassic Park is not right. Those weren't velociraptors, they were deinonychuses and they were supposed to have feathers because they are theropods."

"Yes, son. You are correct."

So... the lesson here for me as a parent is this: our kids are sponges, and they soak up every piece of information that you tell them. I think I told him about the Cenozoic Period... once? Maybe twice?

I can't help but laugh, though... he's a carbon copy of me when it comes to dinosaurs

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 2 users Like kingschosen's post
22-08-2013, 06:29 AM
(21-08-2013 10:14 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  So... the lesson here for me as a parent is this: our kids are sponges, and they soak up every piece of information that you tell them. I think I told him about the Cenozoic Period... once? Maybe twice?

I can't help but laugh, though... he's a carbon copy of me when it comes to dinosaurs
Hey, KC. If your son sometimes resembles a little professor, you might have to check out this article. Just to be sure.
http://moms.popsugar.com/10-Signs-Your-C...e-27332032
+ 11. Great interest in dinosaurs.

Do you think there might be anything about it? Not all has to fit, for example I didn't have emotional meltdowns, but I absolutely can't stand some fabrics like velvet. How many friends does your son have? Does he play with them, or alongside them?
22-08-2013, 06:37 AM
(22-08-2013 06:29 AM)Luminon Wrote:  
(21-08-2013 10:14 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  So... the lesson here for me as a parent is this: our kids are sponges, and they soak up every piece of information that you tell them. I think I told him about the Cenozoic Period... once? Maybe twice?

Hey, KC. If your son sometimes resembles a little professor, you might have to check out this article. Just to be sure.
http://moms.popsugar.com/10-Signs-Your-C...e-27332032
+ 11. Great interest in dinosaurs.

Do you think there might be anything about it? Not all has to fit, for example I didn't have emotional meltdowns, but I absolutely can't stand some fabrics like velvet. How many friends does your son have? Does he play with them, or alongside them?

Oh boy!

That's a big leap.

Ohmy

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post