Gotta get my mind strait...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-04-2013, 08:43 PM
RE: Gotta get my mind strait...
When I walked away from the Catholic church I went through a period where I thought I had to believe in something-higher power something. I read all kinds of things trying to find what made sense, that I could buy into. I was even open to Christianity if I could find something that made sense to me. Off and on for years I would pick up that quest again until I stumbled onto a couple of books (one by Dan Barker) and realized that I didn't have to follow any religion. From there I read more and more about Atheism and realized that's where I had always been, and I wasn't the only one.

I don't think it's terribly unusual to look for a replacement for something that was a part of your life.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude.

Just because her eyes don't tear doesn't mean her heart doesn't cry. Just because she comes off strong doesn't mean there's nothing wrong.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-04-2013, 09:49 AM

(14-04-2013 08:43 PM)Anjele Wrote:  When I walked away from the Catholic church I went through a period where I thought I had to believe in something-higher power something. I read all kinds of things trying to find what made sense, that I could buy into. I was even open to Christianity if I could find something that made sense to me. Off and on for years I would pick up that quest again until I stumbled onto a couple of books (one by Dan Barker) and realized that I didn't have to follow any religion. From there I read more and more about Atheism and realized that's where I had always been, and I wasn't the only one.

I don't think it's terribly unusual to look for a replacement for something that was a part of your life.

thanks for that
Quote this message in a reply
16-04-2013, 02:13 PM
Wiccan is literally the stupidest shit ever.
I mean, it's like the modern version of the pagan beliefs, but with 20% more teenage witch Sabrina magic involved.

If you want to know about nature, pick up a book about nature, because nature is actually pretty cool.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like MuffinPuffin's post