Gotta keep those little demons under control.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-08-2012, 04:49 PM
Gotta keep those little demons under control.
An Illinois couple tie up two of their youngest children in the parking lot, because they were distracting Dad's bible lessons for the other children going on inside the family SUV. Meanwhile, Mom goes inside to shop for a baseball bat, duct tape, and two tarps. The Kansas leg of their family vacation... well, of course. Dodgy

http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2012/aug/16...city_local

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-5...ys-lawyer/

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-08-2012, 07:53 PM
RE: Gotta keep those little demons under control.
Ya know, in this world we live in, nothing shocks me any more.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
16-08-2012, 07:57 PM
Oh, come on. Who hasn't ever wished they could do the same thing? Drinking Beverage

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
16-08-2012, 08:23 PM
Wackadoodles Yes

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
16-08-2012, 08:42 PM
(16-08-2012 07:57 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Oh, come on. Who hasn't ever wished they could do the same thing? Drinking Beverage

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
[+] 3 users Like earmuffs's post
16-08-2012, 08:44 PM
I knew duct tape would fix about anything but I wasn't aware of its ability to deflect demons.

Someone blew a chip...hope those kids are able to be placed with decent parents so they can find some kind of normalcy in their lives.

And I say wrap the parents in the tarps, secure it with the duct tape, and break out the baseball bat.

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
17-08-2012, 12:04 AM
While I waited for my hair cut in Lawrence Wednesday, this was on the front page of the Lawrence Journal World. Funny, CBS News online had even more detail than LJWorld online. There are a couple of other details I remember from what I read in the Salon. I did remember the exact quotes because it was just so damn freaky.

The father was questioned at the scene, and when asked why he thought his 5 year old was possessed by a demon, he could tell by the way the child's "eyebrows went up and down and he was always sticking out his tongue.". This was also reported on the local radio station.

The 5 year old boy, found blindfolded also had on a soiled diaper which his father told the boy he was forbidden to remove. The boy's legs were bound together and when asked why, he said that when his legs weren't together, "they would make a "V" shape, and this is the sign of the devil."

I can't remember why the two kids were blindfolded, but I remember it had something to do with being demons. The bound & blindfolded older girl was also questioned and she said something like, (")the boy wanted to be bound so the devil wouldn't be possessing him anymore(")... but I don't remember her exact quote. The father did advised that these two children were continually disruptive, and this was due to being demon possessed.

Involved bystanders who alerted police and witnessed everything, began to freak out when the mother was was brought from inside the WalMart and saw what she was buying... the cops were pretty freaked as well. I can tell you right now - that Wallys is within 100 yards of the city limits... and it's nearly surrounded by twenty miles of densely forested hill country.

Lawrence is undoubtedly the most tolerant town in Kansas. It's where the Reason Fest is held each year in March. If it had happened at a WalMart in some other city in Kansas, would anyone have questioned or even tried to get involved after the parents stated their religious beliefs? I almost have to wonder. Undecided

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
17-08-2012, 04:50 AM
2 tarps and a baseball bat. Sounds like equipment you would use to bury bodies. It does go to show that the media is wrong. Pedophiles are not everywhere. 2 bound and blindfolded next to an SUV with the windows covered. Imagine if the wrong person had been the first to see this.
[+] 1 user Likes Birdguy1979's post
17-08-2012, 04:23 PM
This is so bizarre. I can't believe it.