Gotta love the Onion

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-04-2014, 03:37 PM
Gotta love the Onion
http://www.theonion.com/articles/creatio...:1:Default

Check out my blog: http://www.aisforatheist.blogspot.com It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like WillHopp's post
16-04-2014, 03:41 PM
RE: Gotta love the Onion
My favorite:

Bible verses about molecular mutation and generational metamorphosis in allele frequencies clearly allegorical
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes meremortal's post
16-04-2014, 10:02 PM
Damnit, I was literally just about to post this Angry

The constant assertion of belief is an indication of fear."
~Jiddu Krishnamurti
[+] 1 user Likes Im_Ryan's post
16-04-2014, 11:13 PM
Love the onion too....but some of their jokes have a habit of appearing as actual news stories here in china

hxxp://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/27/chinese-newspaper-falls-for-onion-article_n_2196882.html

There was another one about a giant squid a while ago and a more recent one with Hillary Clinton being outed as bisexual

The secret to a happy life is lowering your expectations to the point where they are already met
[+] 1 user Likes PeterKA's post
12-06-2014, 08:04 PM
Creationists have fallen for the Onion as a source of information "defending" creationism, not knowing that it's a spoof site. An example is a story on the Cambrian rabbit, which doesn't exist on the site anymore; I guess they took it down.

I find it ironic that the religion that says man is the center of the universe is the same one that says arrogance is a sin.
12-06-2014, 09:29 PM
(16-04-2014 03:41 PM)meremortal Wrote:  My favorite:

Bible verses about molecular mutation and generational metamorphosis in allele frequencies clearly allegorical

wtf does that even mean?

13-06-2014, 11:34 AM
(12-06-2014 09:29 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  
(16-04-2014 03:41 PM)meremortal Wrote:  My favorite:

wtf does that even mean?

It's a parody of Christians trying to prove their bible timeless because by saying it was ahead of its time, normally through some scientific breakthrough

The constant assertion of belief is an indication of fear."
~Jiddu Krishnamurti
14-06-2014, 11:18 PM
I fucking love The Onion! Proud to have it headquartered here in my home city! As a fluent sarcasm speaker and born smartass, it always gets my day off to a good start to go on The Onion website and get some morning news from there. What I love most, though, is when people actually get fooled and take the articles seriously. The Kim Jong-Un one was just one of many:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/20...fails.html

“Religion was invented when the first con man met the first fool.” - Mark Twain
04-09-2014, 02:23 AM
"The Onion" is awful...new to the so called news site, but they're up there with likes of TMZ and Twitter suspending accounts because of a few beheading videos. The youtube videos are stupid as well, but hey!, at least it's passed of as comedy!