Gov Deal vetoes Georgia 'Religious Liberty' Bill

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-03-2016, 12:25 PM (This post was last modified: 28-03-2016 12:32 PM by Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver.)
Gov Deal vetoes Georgia 'Religious Liberty' Bill
Good showing for the governor of my home state, bringing it back into the light from what the twats in the State Assembly who drafted this asinine bill had planned. Goes to show that a Christian southern governor can be progressive, at least for a day.

Now on to the garbage legislation in North Carolina and Kansas.....

http://www.cnn.com/2016/03/28/us/georgia...index.html

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver's post
28-03-2016, 12:34 PM
RE: Gov Deal vetoes Georgia 'Religious Liberty'
I think the first part of the first sentence of the article says a great deal: "Under increasing pressure from major corporations that do business in Georgia..."

So the folks holding the purse-strings objected, so he vetoed; not exactly a victory for Christian morals. But hey, I'm not complaining. I'm willing to let people do the right thing for the wrong reasons, lol.
28-03-2016, 01:24 PM
RE: Gov Deal vetoes Georgia 'Religious Liberty' Bill
LGBT community has money
these laws target the LGBT community
most of america are pro LGBT

corporations know that, they also know that supporting these bills means they are willingly cutting off a portion of the market which always translates to lower revenue
and being pro LGBT is good for their brand
28-03-2016, 01:43 PM
[Image: 208107-Money-Talks-Bullshit-Walks.jpg]

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 2 users Like Old Man Marsh's post
28-03-2016, 05:58 PM
Quote:House Bill 757 would have given faith-based organizations in Georgia the option to deny services and jobs to gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender people.

This seriously does my head in that in a western country (or state in this case) in 2016 is passing law (or trying too) that does this.
I get why people hate gay people, I mean we have better hair, we look better, we have happier relationships, we have waaaay more disposable income, we have those cute little dogs, we have way more sex than you, and our partners aren't period prone anxious blabber mouths (because our mouths are preoccupied). So I get that, but even if you're totally jelly of someone you can still understand the basic concept of equal rights. So you might not like gay people but you can support equal rights for everyone. So when something like this bill comes up it truly does my head the level of retardation and hate that these people have. We should all be hating Muslims not the gays.
28-03-2016, 06:22 PM
(28-03-2016 05:58 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  We should all be hating Muslims not the gays.

Why don't we skip the hate and just try to get along with each other?

'Cause from where I'm standing, the hate thing doesn't seem to be working out too well.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 1 user Likes Fatbaldhobbit's post
28-03-2016, 06:29 PM (This post was last modified: 28-03-2016 06:49 PM by Chas.)
(28-03-2016 05:58 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
Quote:House Bill 757 would have given faith-based organizations in Georgia the option to deny services and jobs to gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender people.

This seriously does my head in that in a western country (or state in this case) in 2016 is passing law (or trying too) that does this.
I get why people hate gay people, I mean we have better hair, we look better, we have happier relationships, we have waaaay more disposable income, we have those cute little dogs, we have way more sex than you, and our partners aren't period prone anxious blabber mouths (because our mouths are preoccupied). So I get that, but even if you're totally jelly of someone you can still understand the basic concept of equal rights. So you might not like gay people but you can support equal rights for everyone. So when something like this bill comes up it truly does my head the level of retardation and hate that these people have. We should all be hating Muslims not the gays.

You misunderstand. They can't see past the "oh, ick". No

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
28-03-2016, 06:41 PM
(28-03-2016 06:29 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(28-03-2016 05:58 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  This seriously does my head in that in a western country (or state in this case) in 2016 is passing law (or trying too) that does this.

You misunderstand. Thy can't see past the "oh, ick". No

And in some cases they're just mad that they can't participate because their sky-daddy said no.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
28-03-2016, 08:22 PM
(28-03-2016 06:22 PM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  
(28-03-2016 05:58 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  We should all be hating Muslims not the gays.

Why don't we skip the hate and just try to get along with each other?

'Cause from where I'm standing, the hate thing doesn't seem to be working out too well.

We're never gonna get along it's unrealistic. All there is is killing the people who threaten our way of life. Oh and threaten our lives too.

(28-03-2016 06:29 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(28-03-2016 05:58 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  This seriously does my head in that in a western country (or state in this case) in 2016 is passing law (or trying too) that does this.

You misunderstand. They can't see past the "oh, ick". No

But that's an even more stupid.
Nobody wanna fuck an ugly cracker head.
28-03-2016, 09:02 PM
Quote:House Speaker Dennis Ralston, a Republican, called the bill "a good faith compromise" that included "clear anti-discriminatory language."

Can someone please explain to me how a bill that allows some to discriminate against others can have "clear anti-discrimination language?"

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac