Gov Endorsed slavery hits UK

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-11-2011, 12:24 PM
Gov Endorsed slavery hits UK
I imagine in some madcap way of fiddling the unemployment figures the UK goverment is now forcing young unemployed people to work up to 30 hours a week......for up to 8 weeks.

I actually wouldnt mind if these placements were in the community.....or doing local charity work or cleaning up parks etc etc.......something actually worthwhile.....but there not. The placements are with large multinational corporations like Argos and Tescos.

Tescos themselves made a profit of £3.5 billion last year Angry........I also think why would they need to employ people when they have over a million unemployed to work for them for free.

Interested to see what you peeps think of this disgrace.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2011/n...f-comments

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-11-2011, 01:03 PM
RE: Gov Endorsed slavery hits UK
The Government is turning to dictators. I feel like all this anger the UK Public has to the Government is going to burst out. I can just feel it.

[Image: boston-terrier-gets-scared.gif]
16-11-2011, 01:21 PM
They should send them on placements doing community or charity work. It would be a damn good idea if they did it that way.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
16-11-2011, 03:34 PM
It's hard enough finding work as it is I've been unemployed since January and have heard back from two places in all that time.

If the government wants to encourage people back into work they first need to raise minimum wage as it's barely enough to live on and cut taxes. If people have more money they spend more, business do better and can employ more people less people unemployed, economy recovers.
it's a no brainer but our government is more concerned about tax cuts for people with massive incomes to bother with the rest of us.

Rant over lol

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
[+] 2 users Like FSM_scot's post
17-11-2011, 01:08 AM
Europeans have been shipping young people off to the army against their will for years. Britain used to do it too. To me this looks like a new form of that, but of course the fact that it's with multibillion pound companies is ridiculous. I know many local businesses where I live which are hugely understaffed but can't afford to hire more. If the government would help them instead of this stupid Americanised bullshit then Britain would be out of the shithouse that's it's been in since these two idiotic parties starting yo-yoing between the anti-British and the anti-working class bullshit.

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
17-11-2011, 04:15 AM
I actually have to admit the idea of shipping people off to a place to learn is not all that bad of a concept.

Military service as part of education is needed in neutral countries that only maintain any military in a time of war. Everyone needs to be ready to go in case of an invasion.

That being said the idea of forcing these young adults to work without pay is sick. Multi billion dollar companies can afford to hire these people on and really should be forced to do so.

It's time we started giving these multi billion dollar companies free tax cuts. If they want the tax cuts they should be forced to put that money into job creation.