Governer's Races, New Jersey and Virginia

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-11-2017, 07:52 PM
Governer's Races, New Jersey and Virginia
I am watching MSNBC to watch these political races. It is being called in Virginia for Nothram (Democrat) and in New Jersey for Murphy (Democrat).

This is a fun night for us political junkies, unless you are a Republican. Tomorrow in Limbaugh land, there will be butthurt and much grunting. It will be fun to see what Trump tweets about all of this.

It warms the cockles of my little progressive political junky heart. I think I will have a beer.

And the day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the supreme being as his father in the womb of a virgin will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerva in the brain of Jupiter
- Thomas Jefferson

Cheerful Charlie
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Cheerful Charlie's post
07-11-2017, 07:57 PM
RE: Governer's Races, New Jersey and Virginia
Not unexpected. It would have been nice to win for republicans but Virginia and New Jersey are blue states. Trump lost New Jersey by 14% and Virginia by 6%. No chance for republicans there any more.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
07-11-2017, 08:01 PM (This post was last modified: 07-11-2017 08:22 PM by Cheerful Charlie.)
Democrats need 17 wins to flip the Virginia state house. They have won six and are leading in 12. This is important as redistricting has been mandated in Virginia due to a lawsuit challenging GOP gerrymandering.

And the day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the supreme being as his father in the womb of a virgin will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerva in the brain of Jupiter
- Thomas Jefferson

Cheerful Charlie
[+] 2 users Like Cheerful Charlie's post
07-11-2017, 08:55 PM
(07-11-2017 07:57 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Not unexpected. It would have been nice to win for republicans but Virginia and New Jersey are blue states. Trump lost New Jersey by 14% and Virginia by 6%. No chance for republicans there any more.

You can't read much into NJ due to the Christie factor. I'm born and raised in the Garden State and my former homies despise Christie. Running his former Lt. Governor was nuts and a concession by the GOP they were fucked due to Christie's crap.

But, you're flat out lying to yourself about Virginia. First, it's not a blue state. It swings pretty frequently. Second, Clinton couldn't get 50% of the vote their despite her running mate being from Virginia. This, however, was an outright ass kicking. Last I looked he had over 53% of the vote. And, it looks like the Dems took the legislature too (haven't seen that confirmed yet). You can pretend that has nothing to do with Trump all you want, but you're wrong.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 7 users Like BnW's post
07-11-2017, 09:16 PM
Northam won VA by 9 points and 54% of the vote.

Not sure if the Dems will win the legislator outright but they have already made tremendous games. Huge gains. Everyone is talking about how big their gains are, believe me.

But, you keep telling yourself it has nothing to do with Trump if that helps you sleep at night.

[+] 3 users Like BnW's post
07-11-2017, 09:30 PM
Self-delusion is the one thing republicunts do well.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
07-11-2017, 11:06 PM
(07-11-2017 09:16 PM)BnW Wrote:  But, you keep telling yourself it has nothing to do with Trump if that helps you sleep at night.

From what I have read about the Virginia race, the GOP candidate made a terrible campaign while the Democrat one had a pretty uneventful one. Sometimes, candidates just commit suicide and it seems it was his case.

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
07-11-2017, 11:13 PM
Va Dems just handed the State Republican party their biggest loss since 1899 (the furthest state election that records were kept for)

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
08-11-2017, 06:30 AM
(07-11-2017 11:06 PM)epronovost Wrote:  
(07-11-2017 09:16 PM)BnW Wrote:  But, you keep telling yourself it has nothing to do with Trump if that helps you sleep at night.

From what I have read about the Virginia race, the GOP candidate made a terrible campaign while the Democrat one had a pretty uneventful one. Sometimes, candidates just commit suicide and it seems it was his case.

From what I read he refused to embrace Trump but still followed his lead on issues like immigration and health care. And, he got his ass kicked. I also saw the exit polls in both NJ and Virginia were clear that these votes were a repudiation of Trump. There was a poll in the last week or so that the national approval ratings for the Democrats are at historical lows. And, they just kicked ass in 2 elections. It's hard to reconcile that and has to be due to an outside factor. That factor is the orange douchebag in the White House.

08-11-2017, 06:47 AM
The Democrats needed 17 wins to flip the Virginia Legislature and got 18 wins. The GOP won in Utah. Maine voted for expanding Medicare.

A fun night for political junkies.

- Thomas Jefferson

Cheerful Charlie