Governor Of Maine Says People Of Color Are ‘The Enemy,’ Implies They Should Be Shot

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-09-2017, 12:55 PM
Governor Of Maine Says People Of Color Are ‘The Enemy,’ Implies They Should Be Shot
Quote:In a Friday press conference following his homophobic remarks about a state lawmaker, Maine Governor Paul LePage ® called people of color and people of Hispanic origin “the enemy” and implied they should be shot.

“A bad guy is a bad guy. I don’t care what color he is. When you go to war, if you know the enemy, the enemy dresses in red and you dress in blue, you shoot at red,” he said. “You shoot the enemy. You try to identify the enemy. And the enemy right now, the overwhelming majority of people coming in are people of color or people of Hispanic origin.”

https://thinkprogress.org/lepage-people-...af56fd799/

"I don't care what color he is" = "I'm not racist, but..."

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like GenesisNemesis's post
03-09-2017, 02:07 PM
RE: Governor Of Maine Says People Of Color Are ‘The Enemy,’ Implies They Should Be Shot
(03-09-2017 12:55 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  
Quote:In a Friday press conference following his homophobic remarks about a state lawmaker, Maine Governor Paul LePage ® called people of color and people of Hispanic origin “the enemy” and implied they should be shot.

“A bad guy is a bad guy. I don’t care what color he is. When you go to war, if you know the enemy, the enemy dresses in red and you dress in blue, you shoot at red,” he said. “You shoot the enemy. You try to identify the enemy. And the enemy right now, the overwhelming majority of people coming in are people of color or people of Hispanic origin.”

https://thinkprogress.org/lepage-people-...af56fd799/

Lots of third party websites out there, and the new trend by the GOP is to paint blue supporters as the real racists.

Got any other sources besides this link to confirm this story?

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-09-2017, 02:43 PM
RE: Governor Of Maine Says People Of Color Are ‘The Enemy,’ Implies They Should Be Shot
This happened last year.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
03-09-2017, 02:46 PM
(03-09-2017 02:07 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  
(03-09-2017 12:55 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  https://thinkprogress.org/lepage-people-...af56fd799/

Lots of third party websites out there, and the new trend by the GOP is to paint blue supporters as the real racists.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-37204837

There are several others. All I did was paste "Maine governor Paul LePage" into google.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
03-09-2017, 02:49 PM
(03-09-2017 02:43 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  This happened last year.

And yet he is still governor.

03-09-2017, 03:04 PM
(03-09-2017 02:49 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  
(03-09-2017 02:43 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  This happened last year.

And yet he is still governor.

Maine is 95% white. Have you ever been there? They hate outsiders. They all think like that. This guy still has a 50% approval rating.

03-09-2017, 03:19 PM
(03-09-2017 02:46 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(03-09-2017 02:07 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  Lots of third party websites out there, and the new trend by the GOP is to paint blue supporters as the real racists.

There are several others. All I did was paste "Maine governor Paul LePage" into google.

Shit, sad to see that this kind of crap is infecting blue states.

Racism exists in every state, including blue states, but we are not talking about the average voter, but the messaging of the politicians who seek power.

The GOP used to be the party of Lincoln, but flipped during Nixon's Southern Strategy.

But Democrats have been loosing the map even blue states over the past 36 years from GOP gerrymandering and our voter apathy.

It sickens me that this GOP asshole controls a northern state, just like I cant understand how Chrispy Kritter is Governor of New Jersey.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
03-09-2017, 03:19 PM
(03-09-2017 02:46 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(03-09-2017 02:07 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  Lots of third party websites out there, and the new trend by the GOP is to paint blue supporters as the real racists.

Racism exists in every state, including blue states, but we are not talking about the average voter, but the messaging of the politicians who seek power.

The GOP used to be the party of Lincoln, but flipped during Nixon's Southern Strategy.

But Democrats have been loosing the map even blue states over the past 36 years from GOP gerrymandering and our voter apathy.

It sickens me that this GOP asshole controls a northern state, just like I cant understand how Chrispy Kritter is Governor of New Jersey.

03-09-2017, 03:26 PM
(03-09-2017 03:19 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  
(03-09-2017 02:46 PM)morondog Wrote:  http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-37204837

Take a look around. Democrats lost 1,000 government seats during Obama's terms. From governors, to federal seats and state legislatures. Democrats are being rejected at every level. Their party can't even find donors. Lowest fundraising numbers in two decades.

03-09-2017, 03:35 PM
(03-09-2017 03:04 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(03-09-2017 02:49 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  And yet he is still governor.

Maine is 95% white. Have you ever been there? They hate outsiders. They all think like that. This guy still has a 50% approval rating.

So not surprising that a politician panders to his base Dodgy One would have hoped that these guys who rise to posts like this would be people of some degree of moral fibre. Regardless of party affiliation.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post