Graduates walk out when Mike Pence takes the stage

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-05-2017, 07:51 PM
RE: Graduates walk out when Mike Pence takes the stage
I feel like Billy probably doesn't like his own son though...guy's gotten the ministry investigated before by the IRS, while Billy's reputation financially was beyond reproach. Tongue

And fair point on the optionality, though doubt Franklin realizes that. <.<

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-05-2017, 09:51 AM
Conservatives sure love to talk freedom but then hate when people actually use their freedoms.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 6 users Like ResidentEvilFan's post
23-05-2017, 12:36 PM
Students don't want listen to idiot? Guess they didn't waste money spent on education.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 4 users Like Szuchow's post
24-05-2017, 02:26 PM
(22-05-2017 07:14 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  The real question is, why in hell would Notre Dame's Administration schedule such an idiot like him to speak. Like what in hell would a dunce like him have to say about anything ?

Even if he were a genius and a brilliant orator, why would a Catholic university hire an evangelical ex-Catholic to speak at their commencement? I would think they would see him as a traitor to the faith.
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
24-05-2017, 06:23 PM
I don't get this. He's the Vice President of the US. Yea he's a complete retard and whatever he's about to say is most likely going to be god filled garbage, but he's still the VP.
Why would you not want to stay and listen to him speak for a couple minutes?
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
24-05-2017, 06:39 PM
(24-05-2017 06:23 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  I don't get this. He's the Vice President of the US. Yea he's a complete retard and whatever he's about to say is most likely going to be god filled garbage, but he's still the VP.
Why would you not want to stay and listen to him speak for a couple minutes?

I hate saying this but I agree with you. I would have stayed if someone I didn't vote for or like was speaking. If it became gut wrenching I might would leave but not until then.
24-05-2017, 06:58 PM
Don't the facts that he represents the christards and has positions on abortion and "shocking out the gay" that are utterly reprehensible? How many reasons would I have to cite before a person walked out? I'll tell you straight up, VP of the US or not, he doesn't get my respect, any more than that tangerine clown in the president slot does. If the Chump were to come up to me and start spouting some shit, I'd tell him to go deep knee bends on a fire hydrant. I'd be sure to walk far enough back so that the SS people don't think that they have to take me down, first. "Position" means shit to me, when someone is that badly behaved.
24-05-2017, 07:10 PM
I don't blame them, especially if they are gay or women. He has no GD respect for them, why does he deserve their respect?

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
25-05-2017, 06:34 PM
(24-05-2017 06:58 PM)Fireball Wrote:  Don't the facts that he represents the christards and has positions on abortion and "shocking out the gay" that are utterly reprehensible? How many reasons would I have to cite before a person walked out? I'll tell you straight up, VP of the US or not, he doesn't get my respect, any more than that tangerine clown in the president slot does. If the Chump were to come up to me and start spouting some shit, I'd tell him to go deep knee bends on a fire hydrant. I'd be sure to walk far enough back so that the SS people don't think that they have to take me down, first. "Position" means shit to me, when someone is that badly behaved.

Except listening to his speech doesn't mean you agree with it.
Freedom of speech is that everyone gets said freedom. You don't have to respect what he says, but you should respect that he has the right to say it.

Of course, those people certainly had the right to walk out in protest too. I'm just saying I wouldn't have, how often do you get to hear the VP speak in person?
25-05-2017, 07:42 PM
(24-05-2017 06:23 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Why would you not want to stay and listen to him speak for a couple minutes?
I might listen to a VP in conversation, particularly one I disagree with because in conversation I might get some insights into why our frames of mind don't mesh.

But a speech is not only not conversation it's the opposite of conversation, and is almost always in politics nothing but rank propaganda tailored by professional writers (not the speech giver) to trample reason with high emotion. No one is going to miss hearing something worth hearing walking out of a speech - but by walking out very much communicates important meaning powerfully, as this walkout certainly did.
[+] 4 users Like Airportkid's post