Graduates walk out when Mike Pence takes the stage

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-05-2017, 10:04 PM
RE: Graduates walk out when Mike Pence takes the stage
(25-05-2017 07:42 PM)Airportkid Wrote:  
(24-05-2017 06:23 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Why would you not want to stay and listen to him speak for a couple minutes?
I might listen to a VP in conversation, particularly one I disagree with because in conversation I might get some insights into why our frames of mind don't mesh.

But a speech is not only not conversation it's the opposite of conversation and is almost always in politics nothing but rank propaganda tailored by professional writers (not the speech giver) to trample reason with high emotion. No one is going to miss hearing something worth hearing walking out of a speech - but by walking out very much communicates important meaning powerfully, as this walkout certainly did.

The walkout achieved nothing.
He still spoke (I assume), more people stayed than left and he's still the VP. Everyone protests everything these days that the meaning and effectiveness of protests has greatly diminished. Especially the left (especially college kids too because they're ideological idiots with no real world experience). They think that protests are gonna achieve something?? bitch please, that shit hasn't worked in decades.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
25-05-2017, 11:27 PM
(25-05-2017 10:04 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  ... bitch please, that shit hasn't worked in decades ...

That we're discussing it meant it did more than "nothing". You & I could disagree endlessly whether the effects are effective or not, but protests do have an effect.

Your own posts amount to protest, much of time, as you introduce Muff's Life Lesson #4673 and whine about something or other - with effect, as other posters react and your rep goes up (or the other way).
[+] 1 user Likes Airportkid's post
26-05-2017, 07:50 AM
(25-05-2017 11:27 PM)Airportkid Wrote:  
(25-05-2017 10:04 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  ... bitch please, that shit hasn't worked in decades ...

That we're discussing it meant it did more than "nothing". You & I could disagree endlessly whether the effects are effective or not, but protests do have an effect.

Your own posts amount to protest, much of time, as you introduce Muff's Life Lesson #4673 and whine about something or other - with effect, as other posters react and your rep goes up (or the other way).

I didn't say it did nothing, I said it achieved nothing.
The fact that we, and others, are talking about it is irrelevant because us talking about it doesn't stop him doing that speech, or get him kicked out of government. Us talking about it achieves nothing. And thus if the result of them walking out was an aeromechanic from the US and a 25 year old gay security guard from New Zealand talk about it on an atheist internet forum for a day or two my point stands, it achieved nothing. (not saying you're a bad person to talk too, just that us talking isn't gonna put Sanders on the throne.)

Muff's Life Lesson's aren't protests, they're educational tutorials on how people should live their lives.
26-05-2017, 08:02 AM
I suppose you can say that the people who walked out were being true to themselves. Perhaps they don't like Pence's stance on certain topics or maybe they are a bit indignant that a lapsed Catholic would be invited to speak at their graduation from a Catholic university.

I do think the fact that he left Catholicism for another religion makes him an odd choice to speak at an institution that claims to support and further the Catholic church.

The VP is mostly a place holder here. The person in that position becomes important in the event that the president has to leave office or dies. He is the second-string quarterback who basically draws a big check for being around just in case.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
26-05-2017, 02:42 PM
Hillary on the other hand:

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 3 users Like Dom's post
26-05-2017, 04:31 PM
[Image: shade-vfx-post.jpg]

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]