Graduation

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-01-2014, 01:19 AM
Graduation
In four months I will be done with high school. I can't even begin to express my mixed emotions. I'll be happy when it's done, but man... then I have to start my life. The exhaustion doesn't stop, does it?

But god damn, is graduation really that necessary? Like the traditional "walking" ceremony, with your cap and gown? I realize it's supposed to be a "once in a lifetime" moment, but when you live where I live, and summers are 95 degrees and hotter, I don't want to be sitting outside in a long, BLACK gown; we're also required to wear black attire underneath the gowns. God only friggin knows why. My class has 394 assholes too. My last name's in the M's, and it's not like I can up and leave whenever I finally get called. I have to wait until that last asshole takes his sweet ass time walking all the way across a stupid football field. I've been to the last two graduations at my school because I had some friends or family graduation, and the entire thing lasted around 2/3 hours.

Maybe it's just me, and maybe I'm just weird and unsocial and on my way to becoming a gross cat lady, but I seriously do not have time for that. I just want to get my certificate and go home and sleep and die.

[Image: pBvowKv.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 7 users Like Ferdinand's post
07-01-2014, 06:43 AM
RE: Graduation
It's just a couple of hours Ferdy. You'll live.

It has a purpose you know. To give you a little taste of what awaits you for the rest of your life- mostly doing shit you don't want to do.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
[+] 4 users Like Slowminded's post
07-01-2014, 06:49 AM
Slow's response is too perfect.

(oh and Congratulations!)

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 1 user Likes WitchSabrina's post
07-01-2014, 07:53 AM
If you don't do it you may regret it later...you only get one chance at your graduation ceremony. Don't miss it!

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
07-01-2014, 08:25 AM
(07-01-2014 07:53 AM)Anjele Wrote:  If you don't do it you may regret it later...you only get one chance at your graduation ceremony. Don't miss it!

True, and I don't know why I absolutely dread it. I've always dreaded large school events. I've avoided dances too.

It's just not my cup of tea at the moment. But I'll admit I'm still extremely nervous to be finishing school and growing up.

I wish time could just occasionally pause.

07-01-2014, 09:11 AM (This post was last modified: 07-01-2014 09:15 AM by pizzaqueen.)
I feel the exact same way. I hate this place. But at the same time I have no idea what I'm going to do with my life and I don't want to grow up.

[Image: 2rnh7ra.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-01-2014, 09:20 AM
(07-01-2014 09:11 AM)pizzaqueen Wrote:  I feel the exact same way. I hate this place. But at the same time I have no idea what I'm going to do with my life and I don't want to grow up.

You're going to live at home forever.

[+] 1 user Likes Ferdinand's post
07-01-2014, 09:33 AM
(07-01-2014 01:19 AM)Ferdinand Wrote:  In four months I will be done with high school. I can't even begin to express my mixed emotions. I'll be happy when it's done, but man... then I have to start my life. The exhaustion doesn't stop, does it?

But god damn, is graduation really that necessary? Like the traditional "walking" ceremony, with your cap and gown? I realize it's supposed to be a "once in a lifetime" moment, but when you live where I live, and summers are 95 degrees and hotter, I don't want to be sitting outside in a long, BLACK gown; we're also required to wear black attire underneath the gowns. God only friggin knows why. My class has 394 assholes too. My last name's in the M's, and it's not like I can up and leave whenever I finally get called. I have to wait until that last asshole takes his sweet ass time walking all the way across a stupid football field. I've been to the last two graduations at my school because I had some friends or family graduation, and the entire thing lasted around 2/3 hours.

Maybe it's just me, and maybe I'm just weird and unsocial and on my way to becoming a gross cat lady, but I seriously do not have time for that. I just want to get my certificate and go home and sleep and die.

At first, I was like "Wait, 4 months? Though doesn't sound right." and then I remembered, you Yanks have an educative time-frame which makes conventional logic of a school year lasting through a singular year beginning to end buckle under the weight of it's own facepalms.

However, I agreed. Graduation ceremonies are stupid; what's the point? Just wasted money, my school even thought going up from Year 10 to 11 needed a big graduation ceremony, for finally learning 'middle school'.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
08-01-2014, 09:56 PM
I feel exactly the same way. I can't wait to leave this place behind, but going to college and joining the "real" world scares the shit out of me. I also hate that I'll be leaving my friends. They're all going to Mississippi colleges while I'm going out-of-state. They're far from perfect, but I love them to death, and I hate thinking that next year I won't get to see them everyday.
08-01-2014, 10:08 PM
Two to three hours? Damn, my graduation was an hour (hour and a half tops)...my school really did master the "art of graduation" as they called it lol Banana_zorro

The constant assertion of belief is an indication of fear."
~Jiddu Krishnamurti