Graduation Day

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-07-2014, 09:42 AM
RE: Graduation Day
(10-07-2014 06:11 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I blame math for the fraction of a point that kept me from magna. Weeping

You graduated cum laude. That's great! Congratulations!

Jesus sprach: "Es werde Licht!" / Doch ... er fand den Schalter nicht.
Jesus said: "Let there be light!" / But ... he couldn't find the switch.
Oops
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes therealJim's post
12-07-2014, 12:56 PM
(16-05-2014 08:05 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Well, many many years since my high school graduation I now officially have an AA in Criminal Justice.

I look back and think about how I was supposed to go off to the University of Northern Iowa in August of 1975 to study to become a special ed teacher, or speech therapy...depended on how things went and where college took me. In June of that year...for my 18th birthday, my parents pulled that rug out from under me. Too many gory details to share but I was beaten bloody, hair pulled from my head, skin scraped off my back, and cracked cheekbones. My next move was to live in my car for three months...things went off the rails in a big way.

Here I am in 2014 having completed a two-year degree. Attending part time and dealing with breast cancer in the early days of my time at school. Hard work and stubbornness to get here.

It's graduation day and I will spend it at home...again bloody and swollen and miserable. It's bittersweet at best. A bit of the shine tarnished off a lifelong goal.

But, I did it...

My degree should arrive the end of June, around my birthday, by my estimation. I hope to have a bit of a celebration and look forward to finding a nice frame for the diploma and my tassel. I know I will graduate cum laude...if I had not been so sick this last month I may have pulled off magna cum laude.

Maybe after a bit of a break I will go back to work on a BA. I can't even think about it right now...for some reason the universe wants to kick my ass every time I attempt school...back in the day, I went to school to be a medical assistant...that endeavor included a bout with mono and my husband's death. I did manage to graduate with honors from that program too...but bloody hell! Makes me a little afraid to continue for a higher degree.

So here's to me...graduation day 2014.
Congraduation! Smile
12-07-2014, 02:56 PM
Just noticed this thread. Congrats both on your accomplishment and your perseverance. People like you, who push forward despite adversity, are the real role models in our society. Be proud of what you achieved and enjoy it.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 1 user Likes BnW's post