Graduation

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-01-2014, 06:29 AM
RE: Graduation
(08-01-2014 09:56 PM)southernbelle Wrote:  I feel exactly the same way. I can't wait to leave this place behind, but going to college and joining the "real" world scares the shit out of me. I also hate that I'll be leaving my friends. They're all going to Mississippi colleges while I'm going out-of-state. They're far from perfect, but I love them to death, and I hate thinking that next year I won't get to see them everyday.

I'm on a totally different boat. I may miss the laziness I was able to maintain and spoil throughout high school, but I won't miss the people. The people here are terrible. And once you actually find a nice group here, it falls apart eventually. I'm ready to get out and about and meet new people elsewhere. Home is where the heart is at, but not where it should always be kept.

Smile

(12-11-2011 08:01 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  "Love is merely chemistry" is a deception. We are merely chemistry. Love makes us master chemists.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Ferdinand's post
09-01-2014, 06:51 AM
You have sat thru it other times watching others but now when its your turn for the honor you want to bail?

I would go. 12 years of training to get you to this one day. Its like the Olympic athlete that works and trains and then skips the award ceremony. WTF?

If for no other reason at all, do it as a gift for your mother…..do you have any idea how many reading logs she had to sign when you were in elementary school? Schools can be a real pain in the ass for parents sometimes. Give the woman a chance to take a photo and say 'its done!"

its a rite of passage…..its not thrilling….but it is special, I think.

"It's all bullshit, we know it, and you know it, you're either to fucking stupid to realize it, or too chickenshit to admit it." -pablo. Bowing
11-01-2014, 01:22 AM (This post was last modified: 11-01-2014 01:28 AM by Atothetheist.)
I know exactly what I want to be, I just don't know how the fuck I am going to get there.

It goes something like this:

Student -----> bitchin' scientist -----> Atheist activist (if that shit is still cool) ----> speaker at events (probably atheistic related, or scientific related.) ----> make a lot of money -----> get a lot of bitches.

That's my game plan so far (minus the last one, I have no plans on dating or marrying anytime soon.... Unless it's with that ravishing Deacon's daughter xD).

As for that graduation shit, I will probably ride it out. I couldn't give a fuck either way, to be honest.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
11-01-2014, 07:30 AM
I say do the high school graduation, but skip the college one. They're all the same anyway, and they don't even give you your diploma at college graduation, they mail it to you later, so what's the point?
[+] 1 user Likes Colourcraze's post
11-01-2014, 12:22 PM
(11-01-2014 01:22 AM)Atothetheist Wrote:  I know exactly what I want to be, I just don't know how the fuck I am going to get there.

Student -----> bitchin' scientist -----> Atheist activist (if that shit is still cool) ----> speaker at events (probably atheistic related, or scientific related.) ----> make a lot of money -----> get a lot of bitches.

That's my game plan so far (minus the last one, I have no plans on dating or marrying anytime soon.... Unless it's with that ravishing Deacon's daughter xD).

As for that graduation shit, I will probably ride it out. I couldn't give a fuck either way, to be honest.

Graduate < college < more college < fuck with some computers < make a lot of money < go to shows and concerts all the time < meet my dreambo who has a beard and wears glasses and likes music and me < have a child and name him Scooter < Scooter will have a hardcore robotic arm

The end.

(12-11-2011 08:01 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  "Love is merely chemistry" is a deception. We are merely chemistry. Love makes us master chemists.
11-01-2014, 01:19 PM
(11-01-2014 12:22 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  
(11-01-2014 01:22 AM)Atothetheist Wrote:  I know exactly what I want to be, I just don't know how the fuck I am going to get there.

Graduate < college < more college < fuck with some computers < make a lot of money < go to shows and concerts all the time < meet my dreambo who has a beard and wears glasses and likes music and me < have a child and name him Scooter < Scooter will have a hardcore robotic arm

The end.

Robot arm? That's badass.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
11-01-2014, 01:26 PM
My graduation was over 1100 students. It was 107 degrees outside and 17 students and I don't remember how many people in the crowd fainted. We were out there for so many hours. When our principal started reading off a list of his "nuggets of wisdom" (side note: he gave a nuggets of wisdom every day over the intercom follow by: make it a great day or not the choice is yours. Some kids filled his office from floor to ceiling with chicken nuggets as their senior prank) most students started stripping off their graduation gowns. It was a very miserable experience and I wished I hadn't gone, but now that it's years behind me I'm kind of glad for the funny story.

I have laughed, in bitterness and agony of heart, at the contrast between what I seem and what I am!
Nathaniel Hawthorne
11-01-2014, 01:29 PM
I didn't attend my HS graduation. After going to two other people's college graduations, I don't want to go to mine either.

It would be different if my mom still lived in Missouri. It's not the same since it's just me and my grandma.

THIS USER IS NO LONGER ACTIVE. THANK YOU, AND HAVE A GREAT DAY! http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...a-few-days
11-01-2014, 01:46 PM
(11-01-2014 12:22 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  Graduate < college < more college < fuck with some computers < make a lot of money < go to shows and concerts all the time < meet my dreambo who has a beard and wears glasses and likes music and me < have a child and name him Scooter < Scooter will have a hardcore robotic arm

I would strongly suggest humans. Drinking Beverage

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
11-01-2014, 05:20 PM
(11-01-2014 12:22 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  

The end.

Are you aware of the term "unrealistic expectations", by any chance?

A single action is worth more than the words it takes to describe it.