Grammar

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-06-2012, 01:21 PM
RE: Grammar
Oh my god! My head is spinning from over thinking this shit. I need a break! Every word I type looks wrong now. Ughhh....
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-06-2012, 02:08 PM
Spelling errors and typos don't bother me too much - except when I make them - I hate when my shit doesn't look like I at least tried. It's deliberate laziness on my part and I'll tolerate in others, what I will NOT tolerate from myself. I'm guilty of constantly editing this shit when I should have previewed. I alone commiserate.
________

This is an international site and I know things don't translate - I cut everyone slack in the attempt to communicate. I'm here to understand what and how others think and what others care about. I regard content and intent to be of greater import in interactive communication.

Blogs; they can be somewhat one sided and the writer must know a broad public. Again, I pay more attention to content and intent, but if there is some laziness in the writing... what am I to make of research used to arrive at content? If care was not taken to present the content, then what did the writer assume about the reader? I would think the writer of a blog must take greater care regarding communication, or will eventually have no one to blog for.

I don't have many peeves about grammar, per se ... especially when, for me, just putting words in a particular order is ninety four percent of the battle.

You have no idea how long it's taken me to write this, and make it at the very least, coherent. Dodgy Shit!

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 5 users Like kim's post
22-06-2012, 02:13 PM
My Grammar used to make the best homemade bread and strawberry jam!

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 3 users Like Erxomai's post
22-06-2012, 02:26 PM
(22-06-2012 01:02 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Sorry Leela, all German is gibberish to me!
I vill just start talking wis a verrry heafee german aksent, sen you vill noh set german is no gibberish Tongue

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Leela's post
22-06-2012, 02:32 PM
(22-06-2012 01:10 PM)NoahsFarce Wrote:  I don't mind if something on a random blog or comment in a forum isn't super grammatically proper. What bugs me though are mistakes involving homonyms. ESPECIALLY in the phrase, "YOUR stupid". If YOU'RE going to insult someone's intelligence, make sure you get the simplest of English grammar correct first.

You can blame misspellings and lack of punctuation on your smartphone or typos, but you cannot blame homonym mistakes on it. You just flat out got it wrong.
Nah, man. "Your stupid" means it is yours; you have cornered the market on stupid. As in, your stupid. Stupid.
[Image: troll-face-jelly.jpg]

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
22-06-2012, 04:20 PM
(22-06-2012 02:32 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(22-06-2012 01:10 PM)NoahsFarce Wrote:  I don't mind if something on a random blog or comment in a forum isn't super grammatically proper. What bugs me though are mistakes involving homonyms. ESPECIALLY in the phrase, "YOUR stupid". If YOU'RE going to insult someone's intelligence, make sure you get the simplest of English grammar correct first.

You can blame misspellings and lack of punctuation on your smartphone or typos, but you cannot blame homonym mistakes on it. You just flat out got it wrong.
Nah, man. "Your stupid" means it is yours; you have cornered the market on stupid. As in, your stupid. Stupid.

Like "my bad".

But uh, yes... gets a bit confusing weeding street from school. Dodgy No judgement, just saying.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
22-06-2012, 04:30 PM
(22-06-2012 02:26 PM)Leela Wrote:  
(22-06-2012 01:02 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Sorry Leela, all German is gibberish to me!
I vill just start talking wis a verrry heafee german aksent, sen you vill noh set german is no gibberish Tongue

YES!!! Now I can understand you!!!

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
22-06-2012, 09:13 PM
(22-06-2012 02:08 PM)kim Wrote:  Spelling errors and typos don't bother me too much - except when I make them - I hate when my shit doesn't look like I at least tried. It's deliberate laziness on my part and I'll tolerate in others, what I will NOT tolerate from myself. I'm guilty of constantly editing this shit when I should have previewed. I alone commiserate.
________

This is an international site and I know things don't translate - I cut everyone slack in the attempt to communicate. I'm here to understand what and how others think and what others care about. I regard content and intent to be of greater import in interactive communication.

Blogs; they can be somewhat one sided and the writer must know a broad public. Again, I pay more attention to content and intent, but if there is some laziness in the writing... what am I to make of research used to arrive at content? If care was not taken to present the content, then what did the writer assume about the reader? I would think the writer of a blog must take greater care regarding communication, or will eventually have no one to blog for.

I don't have many peeves about grammar, per se ... especially when, for me, just putting words in a particular order is ninety four percent of the battle.

You have no idea how long it's taken me to write this, and make it at the very least, coherent. Dodgy Shit!
I can't believe that, Kim. Your posts are so eloquent and succinctly put. You gotta be bullshitting Yes If you're not, well fuck me!!! Can anyone tell I love a good swear word? No, I didn't think so Tongue

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
[+] 3 users Like aurora's post
24-06-2012, 10:14 PM

Okay, Mr. Burns, you vin. But bevare. ve germans aren't all smiles ant sunshine.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
[+] 2 users Like FSM_scot's post
25-06-2012, 06:13 AM
[Image: 550798_319800558107654_1026359733_n.jpg]
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=...=1&theater

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
[+] 9 users Like Hafnof's post