Grand Theft Auto 5 makers want bible banned from Target

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-12-2014, 09:25 AM
Grand Theft Auto 5 makers want bible banned from Target
wasnt sure whether to put this under gaming or atheism.

GTA5 was apprently banned from stores for its mysogyny.
So now they have a petition on change.org to get the bible booted from those stores for the same reason.

article on Cnet

http://www.cnet.com/news/grand-theft-aut...the-bible/

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Bows and Arrows's post
08-12-2014, 10:01 AM
RE: Grand Theft Auto 5 makers want bible banned from Target
I don't think either should be banned, but in the name of not being hypocritical I support them in their attempt to call Target on its bullshit.

If they're going to play the ban game, at last be consistent.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
08-12-2014, 10:14 AM
Too funny!

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
08-12-2014, 10:35 AM
May want to merge this thread with this one

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
08-12-2014, 10:57 AM
The funny part about this is it will likely cause more GTA sales and other stores will get the business. Meanwhile, everyone has already heard of the bible. I can't imagine sales being affected with that at all.

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
08-12-2014, 12:11 PM
It took just 40,000 signatures to get the game banned.... Last I saw, there were nearly 50,000 sigs to ban the Bible.

My bet is, this will spark a holy war, which will spill out from Australia, dragging NATO into the conflict, culminating in a brief nuclear exchange... After which, Target will agree to restock GTA V again.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-12-2014, 12:32 PM
(08-12-2014 12:11 PM)Sam Wrote:  It took just 40,000 signatures to get the game banned.... Last I saw, there were nearly 50,000 sigs to ban the Bible.

My bet is, this will spark a holy war, which will spill out from Australia, dragging NATO into the conflict, culminating in a brief nuclear exchange... After which, Target will agree to restock GTA V again.

Prequel to Mad Max?
[+] 1 user Likes Drunkin Druid's post
08-12-2014, 12:58 PM
(08-12-2014 12:32 PM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  
(08-12-2014 12:11 PM)Sam Wrote:  It took just 40,000 signatures to get the game banned.... Last I saw, there were nearly 50,000 sigs to ban the Bible.

Prequel to Mad Max?

I like it... Yes. Big Grin

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
08-12-2014, 02:14 PM
Target doesn't apparently sell the bible. The leaders of the petition should have probably figured that out first.

They could always move onto romance novels or fifty shades of grey.

Though apparently they sell the bible online and in stores on dvd so I guess it still works.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
08-12-2014, 03:25 PM
I remember back when Germany tried to ban the original version of the game Carmegedon 2: Carpocalypse Now, allowing only an alternate version where the pedestrians, which you could kill in various ways to get bonuses, had been replaced by zombies. News also ran a story about people trying to get the game banned.

In Germany there was a mad rush to hop across the border and pick up the bloody version of the game by people who otherwise wouldn't have had any interest. Meanwhile, back in the states, the creator of the game thanked the media for providing him with free advertising more valuable than anything he could have paid for.

Awesome game btw. Random fact : A piledriver bonus was when you hit a pedestrian slow enough to get them stuck on the hood of your car but not kill them, then increase speed and kill them by ramming them into a wall.

Good times, good times.

'Murican Canadian