Grand Theft Auto V

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-10-2013, 08:22 PM
RE: Grand Theft Auto V
Fine, I'll ask the obvious elephant in the room question.
Can I walk into a police station bathroom, pick up a big purple dildo and go around and bash people to death with it?
That's what I wanna know.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-10-2013, 05:21 AM
(01-10-2013 08:22 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Fine, I'll ask the obvious elephant in the room question.
Can I walk into a police station bathroom, pick up a big purple dildo and go around and bash people to death with it?

Sadly.......no.

CJ will be displeased.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
02-10-2013, 04:54 PM

02-10-2013, 04:57 PM
What a broken game... The entire online launch was a huge fail. Character customization is a joke. Seriously, what the hell is the deal with choosing grandparents? Why not just let us adjust facial feature sliders like Skyrim or Saints Row?

I mean, the single player is absolutely amazing, but the online portion is fucked. I'll be surprised if it works today when I get home.
02-10-2013, 05:52 PM
(02-10-2013 04:57 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  What a broken game... The entire online launch was a huge fail. Character customization is a joke. Seriously, what the hell is the deal with choosing grandparents? Why not just let us adjust facial feature sliders like Skyrim or Saints Row?

I mean, the single player is absolutely amazing, but the online portion is fucked. I'll be surprised if it works today when I get home.

It ran for me last night eventually...actually got pretty smooth around midnight EST.

It's a whole nother game, money is going to be a big deal in online but I think I will do okay earning money in races cause all my time in Forza has made me a white knuckle pro...and you can knock over stores/deliver mid range cars to the chop shop for ammunition money.

A large part of the game revolves around brutally mowing down any player you see before they can do the same to you. There are instance missions/deathmatches/races where things are mores structured though.

...As for the character creation they are just trying way too hard to be different and it's a miss....I think it's meant to take the pressure off you to design a perfect likeness and encourage you to make multiple characters but instead you wind up messing with your genealogy for an hour to get a guy who doesn't look like a crack baby.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-10-2013, 09:20 AM
Online doesn't appeal to me much.

I'm old school, I like a game to be a solitary experience... I like to be able to wander around freely without some wanker taking potshots at me.

It was like that on Midnight Club LA... I took a Dodge Challenger online just to cruise around without the heavy congestion of single player. Some dickhead in a VW Golf followed me round ramming my car constantly until I left the session.

I don't get the appeal of that.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
03-10-2013, 03:13 PM
(02-10-2013 05:21 AM)bemore Wrote:  
(01-10-2013 08:22 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Fine, I'll ask the obvious elephant in the room question.

Sadly.......no.

CJ will be displeased.

CJ was a Grand Theft Legend. Sadcryface
03-10-2013, 05:33 PM
(02-10-2013 04:57 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  What a broken game... The entire online launch was a huge fail. Character customization is a joke. Seriously, what the hell is the deal with choosing grandparents? Why not just let us adjust facial feature sliders like Skyrim or Saints Row?

In fairness though... the sales have been beyond anyone's expectations, the servers have been overloaded.

It'll calm down eventually.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
03-10-2013, 05:52 PM
"Holy shit, we sold like 10 times more copies of the game than expected!"
"Do you think we should take the next two weeks to buy some more servers before the online launch?"
"Nah, should be fine"
03-10-2013, 07:10 PM
Lol, I'm sure it's a little harder than that to buy servers on this scale Cosmos.
We're talking multi million dollar contracts here (presumably) and the number of required servers probably isn't available right away.

The balls up is not expecting to sell huge numbers of the game, it's GTA FFS...
I think the companies under estimate their game on purpose so they don't have to over buy on servers and can buy X amount of servers to start and than when they get exact numbers they can buy the difference and thus don't lose out on money.

[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post