Grand Theft Auto V

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-10-2013, 07:15 PM (This post was last modified: 03-10-2013 07:29 PM by Jeffasaurus.)
RE: Grand Theft Auto V
(03-10-2013 05:52 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  "Holy shit, we sold like 10 times more copies of the game than expected!"
"Do you think we should take the next two weeks to buy some more servers before the online launch?"
"Nah, should be fine"

"Public beta testing? Why... that never provides any usable data, let's just wing it."

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcmPL4codsbtiJhpFav3r...-w_49ttW6a]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-10-2013, 07:09 AM
To be fair the amount of games I've played, even played in beta, and then upon release there are new bugs or unfound bugs is uncountable.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
04-10-2013, 07:22 AM
(04-10-2013 07:09 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  To be fair the amount of games I've played, even played in beta, and then upon release there are new bugs or unfound bugs is uncountable.

So far the single player hasn't been bad at all for bugs... only one or two stick out, and they were just small animation glitches with NPCs during a cutscene, and once there was an issue with the draw distance which corrected itself after about 10 seconds.

I've become more or less immune to bugs and glitches after playing Skyrim for practically a whole year.

Shit, piss, fuck, cunt, cocksucker, motherfucker, tits... - George Carlin.
04-10-2013, 08:36 AM
(03-10-2013 05:52 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  "Holy shit, we sold like 10 times more copies of the game than expected!"
"Do you think we should take the next two weeks to buy some more servers before the online launch?"
"Nah, should be fine"

(03-10-2013 07:10 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Lol, I'm sure it's a little harder than that to buy servers on this scale Cosmos.
We're talking multi million dollar contracts here (presumably) and the number of required servers probably isn't available right away.

The balls up is not expecting to sell huge numbers of the game, it's GTA FFS...
I think the companies under estimate their game on purpose so they don't have to over buy on servers and can buy X amount of servers to start and than when they get exact numbers they can buy the difference and thus don't lose out on money.

The are news articles about how Rockstar has spent the last couple of weeks frantically buying as many cloud servers as they possibly could. Beta can only tell you so much, you can run a server at full capacity but you can't test the whole system at full capacity, bots are not people, etc.

Anyway played all night last night with no issues...missions, death matches, open world...no issues.

It's really well done and I believe that rockstar is running good code, they just needed to over come the server load issues.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user