Grandson is getting married to someone I don't approve of?
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-07-2013, 05:56 PM
RE: Grandson is getting married to someone I don't approve of?
(17-07-2013 05:45 PM)leoblake Wrote:  
(17-07-2013 05:40 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Your grandson and his future wife sound happy and successful, I am afraid I don't understand the problem.

Is it the age difference, the mixing of races, or the atheism that's most upsetting to you?

Atheism, race mixing, age difference and in that order.

What do you think is wrong with those factors?

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
Find all posts by this user
17-07-2013, 06:31 PM
While you are pointing a finger of criticism at your grandson, three fingers are pointing back at you. Are you truly being Christian by denying him happiness. I don't think so.
17-07-2013, 06:33 PM
Are you the author of these questions also:
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?...856AATIGt8
http://www.christianforums.com/t7760117/
?

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
[+] 2 users Like Hafnof's post
17-07-2013, 06:42 PM
(17-07-2013 06:33 PM)Hafnof Wrote:  Are you the author of these questions also:
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?...856AATIGt8
http://www.christianforums.com/t7760117/
?

W OAH MAN WOAH.

Accept him and love him. Allow him to be happy, and try to understand his choices that make him happy. Don't point your finger at him for the things you dislike about him, his marriage, the lady he is marrying, or the perspective he maintains. Instead, welcome him into open arms, regardless of beliefs. He may change his mind about having a child, but then again, not everyone's cut out for wanting kids. You can't blame him for being what you don't want him to be. He's your family. Love him and accept him anyways. Don't be too picky about what fruit you've got in the bowl.
[+] 1 user Likes Ferdinand's post
17-07-2013, 06:42 PM (This post was last modified: 17-07-2013 07:02 PM by MuffinPuffin.)
(17-07-2013 05:18 PM)leoblake Wrote:  My grandson says he likes her because she is very intelligent, funny, kind, and beautiful but I think that is not a good foundation for this marriage.

If that is not a good foundation for marriage, then what is?
Finding someone who is dumb as a rock, ugly and abusive?

The only thing I can tell you is this; If you were my grandfather, not only would I not invite you to my wedding, I would tell you to go fuck yourself, and keep your religious, racist old ass away from me and my family for all of eternity.

You do not even consider you might be the problem when everyone else in the family pretty much seems to agree it's all okay.
17-07-2013, 06:48 PM
Two words...Unconditional love Sleepy
17-07-2013, 07:05 PM
(17-07-2013 05:45 PM)leoblake Wrote:  Atheism, race mixing, age difference and in that order.

Best thing you could do is suck it up, keep your mouth shut and allow them to be happy without you sticking your nose in their business.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes FSM_scot's post
17-07-2013, 07:10 PM
(17-07-2013 05:18 PM)leoblake Wrote:  My grandson (age 30) is getting married next month, but I do not approve of this wedding (despite my wife's, his parent's, and his other grandparents' approval). He has known this girl since he was 15. The girl is age 32, which is my first objection. Why should a man marry an older woman?
Seriously? She's only two years older. Back in high school that may have been weird, but not in their thirties.
(17-07-2013 05:18 PM)leoblake Wrote:  Second, this girl is Chinese American and I disagree with miscegenation.
Racism only makes you sound totally ignorant. We are all members of the same race: the human race. In this age of globalization, xenophobia is anachronistic.
(17-07-2013 05:18 PM)leoblake Wrote:  Third, she is an atheist as is my grandson and his parents and his other grandparents, so I feel if he marries this girl there will be little chance of him becoming a believer in Jesus Christ.
As a Jesus-believer yourself, you assume that you possess the truth. You joined this forum for a reason, I suggest you spend time reading some of the threads herein. Keep an open mind (unless you're afraid to), and you should realize that the foundations of your "truth" have crumbled away.
(17-07-2013 05:18 PM)leoblake Wrote:  Fourth, this girl seems like she is very career orientated as his my grandson, who is already a millionaire. Both have expressed a desire not to have children, which disturbs me.
*oriented.
That should not disturb you. It's obvious that they have thought about it, that they have spent time/resources pondering such a life-altering event. Earth is not in a shortage of humans, if they don't procreate, we'll still survive. You should be proud of your grandson for showing forethought and not simply knocking up some woman he met at a bar.
(17-07-2013 05:18 PM)leoblake Wrote:  All the times I see them they are talking and having a good time and being very silly. In fact, the two of them often hang out together with friends of both genders and multiple races and cultures. I believe that a relationship leading to marriage should be more reserved and serious. My grandson says he likes her because she is very intelligent, funny, kind, and beautiful but I think that is not a good foundation for this marriage.
It's a perfect foundation for marriage. I have been married for 23 years now, and we are still silly, have good conversations, and make each other laugh. They have known each other for 15 years already, and they still "like" each other. That is strong.
"...Reserved and serious..." is boring. That's what happens in a lengthy marriage when a couple stays together only because it's familiar and they have nothing else.
(17-07-2013 05:18 PM)leoblake Wrote:  I want you to tell me if my objections are invalid and why, and also tell me if I should attend this wedding. I am willing to reconsider my views. Thank you and God Bless.

Based upon what you've said, your grandson is very smart and makes good choices. (There aren't a lot of 30 year old millionaires.) He's been with her half of his life and wants to be with her for the rest of it. Finding a special someone with whom you can share everything is a rarity. You REALLY need to discard your unfounded objections and share his happiness.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcmPL4codsbtiJhpFav3r...-w_49ttW6a]
[+] 1 user Likes Jeffasaurus's post
17-07-2013, 07:21 PM
Yes, you should go to the wedding; the cake will be divine.

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
17-07-2013, 07:25 PM
So, everyone is sure this is not a troll? Cuz this smells kinda funky.
[+] 7 users Like LadyJane's post
Thread Closed