Gratitude: Let's Be Happy

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-06-2014, 04:51 PM
RE: Gratitude: Let's Be Happy
I am happy and it gives me comfort that every person I know and despise will die.

And I hope for some horrificly painfull deaths.

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-06-2014, 06:33 PM
(04-06-2014 04:10 PM)Hamata k Wrote:  
(04-06-2014 03:51 PM)elconquistador Wrote:  Oh thanks! The other two forums I use do it automatically, I didn't check to see if this one did too. Sorry Angel haha

I've been here for years and I still can't do all those nifty tricks. Hell. I can't do any.

All it is is HTML Wink go to HTMLdog and you'll be a pro Smartass

"A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be."- Albert Einstein.

"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Steven Hawking
04-06-2014, 06:36 PM
(04-06-2014 04:51 PM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  I am happy and it gives me comfort that every person I know and despise will die.

And I hope for some horrificly painfull deaths.

Are you okay, bro? Or just trolling? No

I take stuff like this seriously, you can get help. Thumbsup

"A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be."- Albert Einstein.

"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Steven Hawking
04-06-2014, 07:58 PM
Humm.

I'm grateful my husband thinks I'm the greatest and most beautiful woman to walk the earth. (I mean, he really does. Who am I to dissolution him with the truth)

I'm sooo incredibly grateful my transgender daughter is now finally happy ! Thank you modern science for allowing that happiness to be fulfilled in her.

I'm grateful for the computer age and all the gadgets we now have.

I'm much, much more grateful for washers and dryers and dishwashers. Yay!

I'm totally grateful for the vaginal estrogen cream that keeps sex from hurting. Yay! And thank you modern scientists for coming up with stuff like that too. Big Grin

I'm actually pretty grateful to most of modern science for just about everything. Without modern science I would have died from the pneumonia I had when I was 7 years old. My brothers would probably be dead, my sister would have died from her burst appendix.

Yup, thank you modern science and, what the heck, thank you Thomas Elva Edison for all the neat stuff you added to the world. You, agnostic inventor, you.

Worship Slaves

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
21-08-2017, 02:19 PM
Since people will wonder, this thread was "resurrected" when I used the search word "gratitude" to see if something like this was already here rather than starting a new thread.

I am filled with gratitude right now because we saw our most horrific neighbors moving out during the eclipse.

These people were probably doing a bit of drug dealing, certainly drawing a "bad element" to the neighborhood, regularly threw garbage including furniture out in the yard but most of all, one of them obviously had a deep and abiding hatred for her ex. Which, seriously, I share the feeling for my ex so I can't look down on her for that. BUT she had several kids with him and at least 3 to 4 times a month he would come for the kids (and/or to bring child support I guess) who would always run out to him joyously saying "Daddy! Daddy!" and the adults would then stand in the parking lot shrieking the most heinous horrible profane things to each other in front of the sobbing children. And others in the apartment would come out and join in rather than protecting the kids or trying to de-escalate it. From time to time the police would get called whenever it escalated to physical (all I ever saw was shoving, but still) and we always wondered when it would escalate to shots fired.

And as a bonus, we just heard that their next-door neighbors moved out in the dark of night last night too! Glad to see them go for different reasons.

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
[+] 1 user Likes outtathereligioncloset's post
21-08-2017, 02:36 PM
Well we can't just "be happy". We can, however, change our perspective and beliefs about things.