Gratitude Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-10-2017, 09:13 PM
RE: Gratitude Thread
(23-10-2017 07:05 PM)jennybee Wrote:  So what's your Gratitude?

I'm primarily grateful I could afford to retire. I really don't think I could have continued for too many more years, given the daily stresses of the job I left.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Thoreauvian's post
24-10-2017, 02:37 AM
1. I have my wife and family
2. I have my health
3. We have somewhere to call home
4. There is food in the cupboards
5. I have boyish good looks
6. Ignore 5 it's bullshit

Get your own bleeding hymn book
[+] 7 users Like Thedemonbarber's post
24-10-2017, 02:57 AM
1. My Wife + Daughter
2. Having a job, reasonably stress free job
3. Books
4. Music
5. Having no issues with Mental health Smile

The Helpful Atheist - An Information Blog
Last updated: 08/11/2017 - Want to contribute, drop me a PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like OakTree500's post
24-10-2017, 04:58 AM
I'm grateful that I live in Canada.

We have our problems, but it seems to be the least fucked up country in the world at the moment.

A friend in the hole

"If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Captain Picard
[+] 4 users Like unsapien's post
24-10-2017, 05:44 AM
Family, kids and wife.
Home
Dog
Bike
Music gear. My guitars, drums basses, studio gear.

Health should come in there somewhere. For me and family.
But that is always a roll of the dice.

[Image: anigif_enhanced-26851-1450298712-2.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes BikerDude's post
24-10-2017, 08:51 AM
  • Having a great family (including in-laws)
  • Having a job I like (and that's close)
  • Being in relatively good shape despite not doing nearly enough to deserve it
  • Having a D&D group again
  • Being able to make Doom mods
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post
24-10-2017, 09:14 AM
(23-10-2017 07:05 PM)jennybee Wrote:  "Gratitude is an emotion expressing appreciation for what one has as opposed to, for example, a consumer-driven emphasis on what one wants. Gratitude is getting a great deal of attention as a facet of positive psychology: Studies show that we can deliberately cultivate gratitude, and can increase our well-being and happiness by doing so. In addition, gratefulness—and especially expression of it to others—is associated with increased energy, optimism, and empathy." -Psychology Today.

So what's your Gratitude? Here's mine for the day:

1. Unconditional love.
2. Health and wellness.
3. Yoga
4. My boyfriend who's going to pick me up something yummy since I'm having lady monthly period hell. Heart
5. Himalayan Salt (Seriously this stuff is the bomb!)
6. Zombies-WD is back!!!. Tongue Evil_monster Heart

OMG Zombies... I had such a long and vivid zombie dream last night. Rick was in it, too! Ohmy

I get those occasionally. This one was rather wacky in comparison to how they usually are.

Anyway- my list:
1) My wonderful wife. She helps me through life in so many ways and is my best friend.
2) Living free as myself. Y'all know I'm trans, and my transition has made life so much better and I'm much happier and relieved. And sooooo thankful for my hormone therapy! Big Grin
3) Good friends- I don't have a lot of friends that I spend any real time with. One of my current best friends is moving away to Colorado this week, and I will miss her so much. Weeping She's also my coworker and has been one of my best supporters through my transition.

Also, I've developed some good friendships here, even if we don't talk a lot directly. There are some wonderful and supportive and smart and sexy ladies and gents here who are just amazing. And I'm really glad for that! You all have honestly made me cry sometimes with the loving and supportive words you've offered me since I've been back.
4) A great job. My job is pretty great, tough and stressful sometimes- but who's isn't? They have been supportive through my transition. I could probably get paid better elsewhere, but I'm happy here for now, and going somewhere else would be extra risky if they aren't trans-friendly.
5) A great therapist. My depression and anxiety are much better than they were just a few short years ago, but my therapist- even though she's much newer- just helps me maintain and improve further. A+, everyone should see a therapist, IMO! Tongue
6) Stuff- I'm super lucky to have stuff. Video games, shoes, a decent car, food, a decent house, a somewhat decent computer, cell phone, yadda yadda yadda. Stuff is expensive, and it takes a long time to build up "stuff". I've grateful that I am in a position to have some stuff in this life, when so many others don't get that opportunity.
[+] 4 users Like Emma's post
24-10-2017, 09:16 AM
(23-10-2017 08:04 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(23-10-2017 07:05 PM)jennybee Wrote:  "Gratitude is an emotion expressing appreciation for what one has as opposed to, for example, a consumer-driven emphasis on what one wants..."

Can one also be grateful for what one does not have?

E.g. a marriage, syphilis or an American passport.

Unsure

Shit- what happens if you have an American passport? I got one of those. Sadcryface
[+] 1 user Likes Emma's post
24-10-2017, 10:20 AM
(24-10-2017 09:16 AM)Emma Wrote:  
(23-10-2017 08:04 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Can one also be grateful for what one does not have?

E.g. a marriage, syphilis or an American passport.

Unsure

Shit- what happens if you have an American passport? I got one of those. Sadcryface

'Sworse than syphilis Tongue

I'm grateful for my health, my education... Music. Friends, TTA friends included. Having enough money to get by.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 4 users Like morondog's post
24-10-2017, 11:32 AM
Gratitude Thread
I'm grateful for the fact that statisticaly I can expect no longer than 40 to 50 years of life. I could also say that I'm grateful for books I have and knowledge they allowed me to amass, but that sound strange to my ears as gratefulness seems to imply being someone toward who it is directed. Instead I will say that I'm pleased with above mentioned.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 3 users Like Szuchow's post