Gravity waves from the Big Bang

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-03-2014, 02:47 PM
RE: Gravity waves from the Big Bang
(18-03-2014 02:37 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(18-03-2014 02:12 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  I know that feel.

Physics is out of my league... But so is chemistry.

And most of biology...

Just read books - it ups your game. Yes

There are a lot of books out there that are great at reducing extraordinarily complex ideas to easily digestible nuggets of info. Minute Physics is also a fantastic Youtube channel to get easy to understand explanations from.

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-03-2014, 02:50 PM
(18-03-2014 02:30 PM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  
(18-03-2014 02:25 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Well you know how it works...

"If it aint dun be in tha bibal, it aint real, boy! Now y'all better get back to work! praying!"

Christ that was scary. That caused a flashback to an old bible camp counselor... *shudder* Going to bible camp was bad enough, doing so in the appalachian foothills was downright child abuse.

So I've caused what is (close enough to) a child abuse flashback.
Now I just need to cause a 'Nam flashback and I'll have had caused enough flashbacks to qualify as a drama writer. Flahbacks-for-impact everywhere!

(18-03-2014 02:37 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(18-03-2014 02:12 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  I know that feel.

Physics is out of my league... But so is chemistry.

And most of biology...

Just read books - it ups your game. Yes

I do read books!

Just not the right kind of books.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
18-03-2014, 02:52 PM
(18-03-2014 02:50 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(18-03-2014 02:37 PM)Chas Wrote:  Just read books - it ups your game. Yes

I do read books!

Don't make me come in there to whack you upside the head. Angry

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
18-03-2014, 03:03 PM
(18-03-2014 02:52 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(18-03-2014 02:50 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  I do read books!

What'd I do?!

Don't I have to suffer enough today?! I have to stay in after school today for extended History lessons!
Wait that's not that bad... um...

I have to attend two lessons which are filled with people so immature and stupid that I question if their brains are even developing properly, if at all, isn't that punishment enough!?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
18-03-2014, 03:04 PM
(18-03-2014 02:52 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(18-03-2014 02:50 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  I do read books!

AND GET OFF HIS LAWN!

damn whippersnappers.... no respect... don't read the right kinda books?! Humph

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
[+] 3 users Like itsnotmeitsyou's post
18-03-2014, 03:14 PM
(17-03-2014 08:48 PM)Charis Wrote:  And here is AiG's response to this:
http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles...een-proved

Just so everyone knows what they're saying about it.

Onward, my faithful steed!
[Image: ezgif-save_zps4d93a674.gif?t=1395781443]
[+] 3 users Like Crulax's post
18-03-2014, 03:44 PM
(18-03-2014 03:03 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(18-03-2014 02:52 PM)Chas Wrote:  Don't make me come in there to whack you upside the head. Angry

What'd I do?!

Don't I have to suffer enough today?! I have to stay in after school today for extended History lessons!

I have to attend two lessons which are filled with people so immature and stupid that I question if their brains are even developing properly, if at all, isn't that punishment enough!?

Don't you whine about not having game and then say you don't do anything to up your game. No

And, yeah, get off my lawn. Dodgy

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
18-03-2014, 11:38 PM
(18-03-2014 03:44 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(18-03-2014 03:03 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  What'd I do?!

Don't you whine about not having game and then say you don't do anything to up your game. No

And, yeah, get off my lawn. Dodgy

No. I claim this lawn to be mine!
And no referendum can get it back!

19-03-2014, 03:13 AM
(18-03-2014 12:55 PM)rampant.a.i. Wrote:  
(18-03-2014 10:59 AM)=jesse= Wrote:  I should stay off this at work. I just snarfed my red bull when I saw that in front of my team.

I wish I was smarter. I'd love to science with those guys and have my mind blown first hand. I can't even fathom something that fast and powerful. The universe expanding 100 trillion trillion times in 10x-34 seconds. That is f*cking awesome.

What else would we expect from the "it musta been a big man in the sky did it" crowd?

They can't even fathom the universe being more than 6,000 years old.

I finally got around to watching the Bill Nye and Ken Ham debate. I have only ever encountered a handful of YEC's and none at all for years, so to hear Ken Ham speak totally stunned me. I really had no idea that people actually really believed these things. I mean I knew on some level that there are YEC's but to actually see one in the flesh, so to speak, was jaw dropping for me and a little scary. I thought Bill Nye was wonderful though.

"The person who is certain, and who claims divine warrant for his certainty, belongs now to the infancy of our species." - Christopher Hitchens

"Remember kids, if you don't sin, then Jesus died for nothing. Have a great day!" - Ricky Gervais
19-03-2014, 05:19 AM
Very interesting article, and quite informative, though its applications are far out of my league.

But if I understood correctly it seems to be a vital part to the grand unification theory which does excite me.

Time will tell though just how important it is.

The requirement of evidence to back your claim does not disappear because it hurts your feelings, reality does not care about your feefees.