Great Atheist shit on Netflix.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-07-2012, 08:21 PM
Great Atheist shit on Netflix.
"Cosmos." Hosted by Carl Sagan. Based on host Carl Sagan's acclaimed book, this award-winning series
explores mankind's attempts to understand the universe throughout
history. You think this show is just about astronomy? Think again. Philosophy,condemning (past) religions, ancient science etc. It's all in here. If you are on this forum yet have not watched it.....WATCH IT. I think its 13 episodes. I should point out that I don't mind brutal honesty and hardcore opinion of these other presentations on Netflix. But we don't talk bad about Sagan in my presence. We just don't. Got it?

"The god who wasn't there." Ex-Christian fundamentalist Brian Flemming's lively exposé shines an unflinching spotlight on Christianity and the existence of Christ.

"Flock of dodo's." Evolutionary biologist Randy Olson explains the debate over intelligent
design and examines how evolution is taught in the United States.

"Religulous." Politically provocative talk show host Bill Maher skewers the current
state of organized religion in this hot-button documentary.

"Zeitgeist."
Peter Joseph's documentary explores controversial links between organized religion, global financial markets and the international power structure. Good shit in here.But be very critical with this on I have found.

"George Carlin: You are all diseased" Carlin uses his trademark scathing wit to take aim at airport security, germs, cigars, "man stuff" and one of his favorite targets: religion. The whole standup is great. But this particular one is the infamous 'Religion is bullshit.' Just wait till you see it in context.Also check out George Carlin: Complaints and grievances for his 10 commandments rant.

Below this line are programs not directly related to theology but more science related.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'The Universe." Discover the secrets of the universe in this groundbreaking documentary
series that pairs animation with fascinating insights on distant
planets, asteroids, black holes and other celestial marvels.

'Into the universe with Stephen Hawking' Celebrated theoretical physicist and cosmologist Stephen Hawking takes viewers on a captivating guided tour of the universe, explaining its origins and mysteries using straightforward language and state-of-the-art computer animation.

Ape to Man: From the discovery of Neanderthal bones to hoaxes and theories, this special examines key breakthroughs in the quest to determine man's origin.

And there are a PISSLOAD of great shit from NatGeo and Discovery channel regarding paleontology I'm not going to bother with here.

If you have NF and feel there is anything on this list I am missing please let me know.

Forget Jesus. Stars died so you could live.-Lawrence Krauss

For god loved the world so much he tortured his only begotten son, gave him a 3 day nap only to wake up in ultimate awesomeness and called it a sacrifice.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Atheist Chiefs fan!'s post
17-07-2012, 09:18 PM
RE: Great Atheist shit on Netflix.
It wasn't available the last time I looked for it, but last year I watched The Atheist Tapes which was one of the last straws before I called myself an atheist.

Also, For The Bible Tells Me So, which is specifically about coming out gay in Christian families, still I found it very influential to my atheist journey.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
18-07-2012, 06:13 AM
Jesus Camp is also available from Netflix (disc only not instant)
18-07-2012, 02:35 PM
I just wanted to mention how many ways the title of this thread can be read. "Great Atheist shit on Netflix." You could be informing us that if we want to be truly great atheist's, we have to either badmouth or defecate on Netflix. If read like a news headline, it suggests that Richard Dawkins or Sam Harris recorded themselves taking a dump and then posted it on Netflix. You could read it like a disappointment toward something atheists have done to Netflix. "Great... atheists shit on Netflix again." You could be directing us to a good spot to find poorly made movies about atheist propaganda. "Oh here's some GREAT typical atheist shit."

And so on.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
[+] 4 users Like Buddy Christ's post
18-07-2012, 07:45 PM
(18-07-2012 02:35 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  I just wanted to mention how many ways the title of this thread can be read. "Great Atheist shit on Netflix." You could be informing us that if we want to be truly great atheist's, we have to either badmouth or defecate on Netflix. If read like a news headline, it suggests that Richard Dawkins or Sam Harris recorded themselves taking a dump and then posted it on Netflix. You could read it like a disappointment toward something atheists have done to Netflix. "Great... atheists shit on Netflix again." You could be directing us to a good spot to find poorly made movies about atheist propaganda. "Oh here's some GREAT typical atheist shit."

And so on.
good point. sorry

If could edit the title i would

For god loved the world so much he tortured his only begotten son, gave him a 3 day nap only to wake up in ultimate awesomeness and called it a sacrifice.
18-07-2012, 08:24 PM
(18-07-2012 07:45 PM)Atheist Chiefs fan! Wrote:  
(18-07-2012 02:35 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  I just wanted to mention how many ways the title of this thread can be read. "Great Atheist shit on Netflix." You could be informing us that if we want to be truly great atheist's, we have to either badmouth or defecate on Netflix. If read like a news headline, it suggests that Richard Dawkins or Sam Harris recorded themselves taking a dump and then posted it on Netflix. You could read it like a disappointment toward something atheists have done to Netflix. "Great... atheists shit on Netflix again." You could be directing us to a good spot to find poorly made movies about atheist propaganda. "Oh here's some GREAT typical atheist shit."

And so on.
good point. sorry

If could edit the title i would

Nah, leave it. It's a bigger net to catch more fish. It's like having a book called "Bible God Football Pasta Playstation Santa Pussy: Why the Muslims Raped Grandma 2."

It's got all the keywords to draw in a diverse crowd. Plus it's a sequel so people will assume the first BGFPPSP: WtMRG was such a smashing success that you felt it necessary to make another one.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
[+] 1 user Likes Buddy Christ's post
18-07-2012, 09:55 PM
(18-07-2012 06:13 AM)devilsadvoc8 Wrote:  Jesus Camp is also available from Netflix (disc only not instant)

i actually caught this on youtube, the full length is up on there if you look.

the man from earth is pretty good as well, not exactly atheist and it's fully fictional, but it's still pretty interesting.
[+] 1 user Likes ohh EPiC FAiL's post
20-07-2012, 01:33 AM
Argg! I forgot TED talks. give that a watch. boring but educational

03-04-2016, 02:41 AM
The Unbelievers is a must see for anyone interested in a conversational but science-based criticism of the ideas proposed by the religious community that faith is immune to criticism (despite the accepted criticism of everything else, notably politics). Intelligent discussion and the liberation science providers makes this a must see documentary.

“Don't believe anything you read on the net. Except this. Well, including this, I suppose.” --Douglas Adams
05-04-2016, 07:02 AM (This post was last modified: 05-04-2016 07:06 AM by Birdguy1979.)
Cosmos is one of my favorites. Both the old one and the new one.
[+] 1 user Likes Birdguy1979's post