Great Christian Fallacies.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-06-2013, 05:45 PM
Re: RE: Great Christian Fallacies.
(22-06-2013 05:34 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  And if you have chest pain, or have a heart attack, you will just pray, right ? Not call 911 right. If you are in a car accident you will not accept an ambulance right ?
You will never go to a doctor, never take an antibiotic, never go to a hospital, never use DNA to prove you are innocent, never eat any foods with preservatives, never drink Pasteurized milk, never use electricity, never have surgery, never take an aspirin, never use eye-glasses, never use birth control, never use bug spray, never drive a car, never fly in an airplane. Sure you won't.

Of course he will. After all, he is a hypocrite.

Sent From My NEO x5....
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-06-2013, 06:05 PM (This post was last modified: 22-06-2013 06:57 PM by Bucky Ball.)
RE: Great Christian Fallacies.
Speaking of Christian phalluses ( Tongue ) here is one .

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
22-06-2013, 08:01 PM
(22-06-2013 05:34 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(22-06-2013 07:55 AM)theword Wrote:  Fallacies, Oh, like the ones scientists create everyday!

And if you have chest pain, or have a heart attack, you will just pray, right ? Not call 911 right. If you are in a car accident you will not accept an ambulance right ?
You will never go to a doctor, never take an antibiotic, never go to a hospital, never use DNA to prove you are innocent, never eat any foods with preservatives, never drink Pasteurized milk, never use electricity, never have surgery, never take an aspirin, never use eye-glasses, never use birth control, never use bug spray, never drive a car, never fly in an airplane. Sure you won't.
I love your replies Bucky Boy, they are so intellectual and inspiring. Ouch! I just hit my finger on the keyboard and it hurts... Should I get ice? Hmmm.. Bucky says I wont. Should I pray? Hmmm, Bucky says I will. I got it! I will do both. Get ice and pray for a million dollars. After all, God says if I ask for anything I will get it. Gee thanks Bucky Boy, you are my best friend! And my finger feels great now. Now I can get on my Christian web sites and read that homosexuals are nasty little boys who say things like, "never eat foods with preservatives."
22-06-2013, 08:27 PM (This post was last modified: 23-06-2013 12:16 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(22-06-2013 08:01 PM)theword Wrote:  
(22-06-2013 05:34 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  And if you have chest pain, or have a heart attack, you will just pray, right ? Not call 911 right. If you are in a car accident you will not accept an ambulance right ?
I love your replies Bucky Boy, they are so intellectual and inspiring. Ouch! I just hit my finger on the keyboard and it hurts... Should I get ice? Hmmm.. Bucky says I wont. Should I pray? Hmmm, Bucky says I will. I got it! I will do both. Get ice and pray for a million dollars. After all, God says if I ask for anything I will get it. Gee thanks Bucky Boy, you are my best friend! And my finger feels great now. Now I can get on my Christian web sites and read that homosexuals are nasty little boys who say things like, "never eat foods with preservatives."

Thanks for proving you didn't get the point about science.
Let us know when your stupid god hears your prayers and gives you the million.
BTW, if your god really is omniscient, she already knows your brain in your finger needs a transplant, and your prayer is only telling her what she already knows.
Or do you have a really dumb god, that doesn't know what's going on without the likes of you telling her ?

You believe in science and you damn well know it.
Speaking of "inspired" what are you doing here anyway ?
Maybe you should stick to trying to figure out the great mystery of how the sea shells walked up the mountain. Tongue

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
22-06-2013, 08:37 PM
(22-06-2013 08:27 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(22-06-2013 08:01 PM)theword Wrote:  I love your replies Bucky Boy, they are so intellectual and inspiring. Ouch! I just hit my finger on the keyboard and it hurts... Should I get ice? Hmmm.. Bucky says I wont. Should I pray? Hmmm, Bucky says I will. I got it! I will do both. Get ice and pray for a million dollars. After all, God says if I ask for anything I will get it. Gee thanks Bucky Boy, you are my best friend! And my finger feels great now. Now I can get on my Christian web sites and read that homosexuals are nasty little boys who say things like, "never eat foods with preservatives."

Thanks for proving you're such an idiot you didn't even get the point about science.
But keep it up. You may get "fool of the year" award, on TTA.
Let us know when you stupid god hears your prayers and gives you the million.
No one will hold their breath.
BTW, if your god really is omniscient, she already knows your brain in your finger needs a transplant, and your prayer is only telling her what she already knows.

You believe in science and you damn well know it.

i see david lee has competition

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
[+] 1 user Likes Lightvader's post
23-06-2013, 05:35 AM (This post was last modified: 23-06-2013 10:59 AM by Stephen Charchuk.)
(22-06-2013 08:27 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Thanks for proving you didn't get the point about science.

He probably didn't get that either. After all he does have to remember to think and breathe at the same time...

Quote:Let us know when your stupid god hears your prayers and gives you the million.
Or do you have a really dumb god, that doesn't know what's going on without the likes of you telling her ?

PRAyer for any other purpose than to give PRAise or thanks to god is sacrilege.

Quote:You believe in science and you damn well know it.

Of course he does, no matter how much he tries to deny it he still has to function in the real world and religion alone doesn't cut it. In fact it has been proven that the more religious a society is the more dysfunctional it is.

Quote:Speaking of "inspired" what are you doing here anyway ?
Maybe you should stick to trying to figure out the great mystery of how the sea shells walked up the mountain. Tongue

He's trying to save us all from reality. Thinking for one's self is evil you know. Undecided

Sent From My NEO x5....
24-06-2013, 01:57 PM
Quote:And if you have chest pain, or have a heart attack, you will just pray, right ? Not call 911 right. If you are in a car accident you will not accept an ambulance right ?
Why do you confuse 1) praying for God's will to be done with 2) praying for healing versus 3) using modern medicine. The first and the last are not in conflict, the last two could be. I think you have a straw man there.

I might pray, "Lord, help me find an intelligent, thoughtful physician for help with this ailment." What's the problem with that kind of prayer?
24-06-2013, 03:05 PM (This post was last modified: 25-06-2013 07:51 AM by Stephen Charchuk.)
(24-06-2013 01:57 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  [
Why do you confuse 1) praying for God's will to be done with 2) praying for healing versus 3) using modern medicine. The first and the last are not in conflict, the last two could be. I think you have a straw man there.

I might pray, "Lord, help me find an intelligent, thoughtful physician for help with this ailment." What's the problem with that kind of prayer?

The sole purpose of PRAyer is to give PRAise and thanks to god. Any other reason is a Church invention and sacrilege. You're suppose to accept whatever god has planned for you and it is not up to you to question her choice by asking her to change it. You are committing a great sin when you assume to know better then god by using PRAyer in such a selfish manner. See you in Hell. There is no valid excuse that you can make up to get out of this. Everything that you were ever taught about your religion is a lie. That is what religion is, a big lie to comfort the gulible.

Sent From My NEO x5....
25-06-2013, 08:38 AM
Quote:The sole purpose of PRAyer is to give PRAise and thanks to god. Any other reason is a Church invention and sacrilege. You're suppose to accept whatever god has planned for you and it is not up to you to question her choice by asking her to change it. You are committing a great sin when you assume to know better then god by using PRAyer in such a selfish manner. See you in Hell. There is no valid excuse that you can make up to get out of this. Everything that you were ever taught about your religion is a lie. That is what religion is, a big lie to comfort the gulible.

The Bible says to pray on all occasions, to ask for "anything", etc. I see little reason to take your post as a serious one but you are absolutely incorrect and if yours is the level of religious "knowledge" on this forum on average, very few people have the right here to debate me on any resolution touching Christianity.
25-06-2013, 08:43 AM
(25-06-2013 08:38 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  The Bible says...

I think I see the problem. Consider

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce