Great Christian Fallacies.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-06-2013, 02:55 PM (This post was last modified: 28-06-2013 03:01 PM by PleaseJesus.)
RE: Great Christian Fallacies.
**Dupe post**
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-06-2013, 02:58 PM
Quote:Pleasejesus,please answer this.
What is the point for prayer if god already has a plan?
If your god exists,and is allmighty,nothing could change his plans.
So,why would you go to the doctor if god planned for you to be sick?
Why would you pray for your healt if god's plan was that you would be sick?
Whats the point in praying for your safety if god planned that a car would hit you?
It seems that your god is pretty weak if he exists,prayers and doctors could change his plans..

Just sayin....

There's a difference again between not knowing God's plan and seeking comfort while moving about inside of it. You're on a path seeking discordance and discomfort.

Quote:Well of course, but than again the bible is filed with many contradictory passages and many are written in such a way as to mean whatever the reader may want them to mean. I've seen the same passage used to justify opposite things. Or even to be used to "prove" a current tyrant as the so-called "anti-Christ". It's no surprised that the overly religious are so fucked up. Or as I say; Religiously insane.

I differ. 90+ statements alone in John alone that trusting Jesus is salvation. Thousands of statements in the HB that it is the word of God and ZERO in the apocrypha, etc. WHICH VERSE PROVES A MODERN TYRANT IS ANTICHRIST?

Have you been cherry picking from bad websites again?
28-06-2013, 03:55 PM (This post was last modified: 28-06-2013 06:30 PM by Stephen Charchuk.)
Re: RE: Great Christian Fallacies.
(28-06-2013 02:58 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  There's a difference again between not knowing God's plan and seeking comfort while moving about inside of it.

Seeking comfort is irrelevant. All you have to do is accept without question. You use PRAyer as a means to question god's will. You're ONLY suppose to PRAise and thank her. Anything else is irrelevant. This should be more than enough for you if you are a TRUE™ Christian.

Quote:You're on a path seeking discordance and discomfort.

Wrong, I'm on a path to objective truth and reality. You shun reality in favor of religious faith and subjective truth. This makes you a coward.

Quote:I differ. 90+ statements alone in John alone that trusting Jesus is salvation. Thousands of statements in the HB that it is the word of God and ZERO in the apocrypha, etc. WHICH VERSE PROVES A MODERN TYRANT IS ANTICHRIST?

Have you been cherry picking from bad websites again?

Than why aren't you "trusting" in Jesus or god instead of misusing PRAyer the way you do to question god's will?

Anyways you are using the fallacy of Circular Reasoning. You can't honestly use the bible to prove itself.

The Book of Revelation is filled with them. Rolleyes I never said that they made any sense. Angel After all, they're even more religiously insane than you are. You know, the so-called "End-Times" nonsense.

BTW, ALL of your posts are "dupe posts". Big Grin

Sent From My NEO x5....
[+] 2 users Like Stephen Charchuk's post
01-07-2013, 03:04 PM
Quote:Seeking comfort is irrelevant. All you have to do is accept without question. You use PRAyer as a means to question god's will. You're ONLY suppose to PRAise and thank her. Anything else is irrelevant. This should be more than enough for you if you are a TRUE Christian.

If I accept the above as true, I'm still not questioning the will, just trying to discern it prayerfully, right?

Quote:Wrong, I'm on a path to objective truth and reality. You shun reality in favor of religious faith and subjective truth. This makes you a coward.

Thanks for the ad hom heaped on me, but I have documents that are reliable and empirical evidence and anecdotal evidence, and most of this forum is people asking each other questions...

Quote:Than why aren't you "trusting" in Jesus or god instead of misusing PRAyer the way you do to question god's will?

Anyways you are using the fallacy of Circular Reasoning. You can't honestly use the bible to prove itself.

The Book of Revelation is filled with them. I never said that they made any sense. After all, they're even more religiously insane than you are. You know, the so-called "End-Times" nonsense.

No, but I can use the Bible to see if you are accurately representing what you say is appropriate Christian prayer. And I'd be happy to tell you about the end times, but first, let's deal with what you can see in black and white that isn't prophetical statements... man is a moral being with moral failings and needs a Savior.
01-07-2013, 04:28 PM (This post was last modified: 02-07-2013 05:00 AM by Stephen Charchuk.)
(01-07-2013 03:04 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  If I accept the above as true, I'm still not questioning the will, just trying to discern it prayerfully, right?

You're suppose to accept god's without ANY questioning at all, "discerning" is a form of questioning. By "discerning" you are asking god what her plan is as if you didn't trust her. As I had said, you're only suppose to accept WITHOUT questioning OR asking. That is what religious faith means. You don't need to know, only accept and trust that god knows what's best for you. It's ironic that a non-believer has to tell a believer what religious faith actually means.

Quote:Thanks for the ad hom heaped on me, but I have documents that are reliable and empirical evidence and anecdotal evidence, and most of this forum is people asking each other questions...

You're welcome. You more than earned it. As for the rest. Hardly. I've seen what you call hard evidence. You use too much dream logic.

Quote:No, but I can use the Bible to see if you are accurately representing what you say is appropriate Christian prayer.

The bible is primarily a Church invention. I wouldn't count it as a creditable, verifible, nor unbiased source for the majority of things in it. For one they don't really know who wrote the gospels so they just tacked some names on them. Most of the history is wrong as well. The names and places maybe right may have existed but either not in the right order or outcome. King Herod died 4 years before Jesus was suppose to have been born for example. The Books of Moses were written centuries AFTER he was suppose to have lived. And the name moses means son in Egyptian so Ramses is Ra-moses son of Ra, and Thutmoses is son of Thut. In other words it was a common short name for sons.

Quote:And I'd be happy to tell you about the end times, but first, let's deal with what you can see in black and white that isn't prophetical statements... man is a moral being with moral failings and needs a Savior.

It has been proven that atheists, and the like, are far more honestly moral than most theists. Most theists are only moral because of their fear of hell. It has also been proven that the more religious a society is the more dysfunctional it is as well. If we need a so-called "savior" its not from any religion. We have to clean up our own mess. Be responsible for our own selves, not hide behind some messiah. It has to be our own doing or it is meaningless. Having the fear of a hell makes it meaningless because it is not earned honestly.

Jesus was suppose to return during the lifetime of the apostles. So the so-called "endtimes" came and went 2000 years ago.

Sent From My NEO x5....
02-07-2013, 10:48 AM
Quote:It has been proven that atheists, and the like, are far more honestly moral than most theists.

We must have different moral codes, then. Is yours based on a societal or personal construct of some kind or Darwinism?

Quote:Jesus was suppose to return during the lifetime of the apostles. So the so-called "endtimes" came and went 2000 years ago.

If that's so, why do you think both Paul and Peter prophesied their own martyrdoms and told people in the same passages to wait for the Lord's return?
02-07-2013, 01:36 PM
(02-07-2013 10:48 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
Quote:Jesus was suppose to return during the lifetime of the apostles. So the so-called "endtimes" came and went 2000 years ago.

If that's so, why do you think both Paul and Peter prophesied their own martyrdoms and told people in the same passages to wait for the Lord's return?

The writers of the gospels might have phrased their words a little differently had they known the cult of Christianity was going to drag along for another 2000 years without so much as a peep from the messiah. Oops! Weeping

If Jesus died for our sins, why is there still sin? If man was created from dust, why is there still dust? If Americans came from Europe, why are there still Europeans?
02-07-2013, 01:44 PM
(02-07-2013 10:48 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  We must have different moral codes, then. Is yours based on a societal or personal construct of some kind or Darwinism?

Oh, they're basically the same it is just their justications are different. You are moral out of a fear of going to hell and atheists, and the like, are moral because they are moral. They don't need an excuse like you do.

Quote:If that's so, why do you think both Paul and Peter prophesied their own martyrdoms and told people in the same passages to wait for the Lord's return?

Was that predicted before or after the events? And by whom? Remember the bible is primarily a Church invention. Its easy to predict something afterwards. Angel You are very naive to think that much in the bible wasn't manipulated. On another site I proved to a Muslim how he, and the Qu'Ran, were manipulated when he claimed that the Qu'Ran proved that the Muslims knew about an expanding universe long before anyone else. Haven't seen him since. Only the English translation of the verse used the word "expanding" others used words like vastness and ample, etc. I also cheated a little and used Isaiah 40:22 to show that the Muslims weren't the first. Smile

Sent From My NEO x5....
[+] 1 user Likes Stephen Charchuk's post
02-07-2013, 02:53 PM
(02-07-2013 01:36 PM)guitar_nut Wrote:  The writers of the gospels might have phrased their words a little differently had they known the cult of Christianity was going to drag along for another 2000 years without so much as a peep from the messiah. Oops! Weeping

It would have died out soon if not for Paul's "dream". He saw an opportunity.......

Sent From My NEO x5....
04-07-2013, 04:08 AM
Abortions induced by humans are minuscule compared to the abortions (euphemistically termed miscarriages by the believer) performed by the omnibenevolent lord, god of hosts.

One argument is "It's not genocide because a few women and children escaped." It was used in Strobel's Case for Faith and here: