Great quotes

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 3.5 Average
28-11-2015, 12:50 PM
RE: Great quotes
It's not the discarding of the negative as much as it is a change in perception allowing for more useful acknowledgement of scenario.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-11-2015, 12:53 PM
(28-11-2015 12:48 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(28-11-2015 12:14 PM)unfogged Wrote:  you do not need to be thankful to discard the negative emotions and be able to learn from an experience.
It sure helps I assure you.

It may help you. It is always sad to see anybody buying into the victim mentality.
You have my pity.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
28-11-2015, 01:17 PM
(28-11-2015 12:53 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(28-11-2015 12:48 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  It sure helps I assure you.

It may help you. It is always sad to see anybody buying into the victim mentality.
You have my pity.
Not a victim on any level. Stop being a prick.
28-11-2015, 01:28 PM
(28-11-2015 01:17 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(28-11-2015 12:53 PM)unfogged Wrote:  It may help you. It is always sad to see anybody buying into the victim mentality.
You have my pity.
Not a victim on any level. Stop being a prick.

Calm down. In a group this size you're going to find someone who disagrees with you, no matter w hat you say. Now would be a good time to be thankful you'll never meet them, and move on.
[+] 1 user Likes jabeady's post
28-11-2015, 01:35 PM
(28-11-2015 01:28 PM)jabeady Wrote:  
(28-11-2015 01:17 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Not a victim on any level. Stop being a prick.

Calm down. In a group this size you're going to find someone who disagrees with you, no matter w hat you say. Now would be a good time to be thankful you'll never meet them, and move on.
Don't why I would be grateful for not meeting someone. I can be grateful for a circumstance and still call someone out on being a prick just for the sake of it.
29-11-2015, 11:29 AM
Work you don't do with your head you do with your feet.

-Unknown

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 1 user Likes Can_of_Beans's post
29-11-2015, 11:31 AM
He who chases two rabbits catches none.

-Chinese proverb

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 2 users Like Can_of_Beans's post
29-11-2015, 11:32 AM
Flowing water never stale.

-Chinese proverb

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 2 users Like Can_of_Beans's post
29-11-2015, 11:34 AM
No matter how far you've gone down the wrong road, turn back.

-Hungarian proverb

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 1 user Likes Can_of_Beans's post
29-11-2015, 11:35 AM
(28-11-2015 12:50 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  It's not the discarding of the negative as much as it is a change in perception allowing for more useful acknowledgement of scenario.

Deepity
Something that sounds profound but intellectually hollow.
Usually has the following characteristics. 1. True but trivial 2. False but logically ill informed. 3. Usually a use-mention error or (UME)

Made famous by Daniel Dennett.
"Love is just a word" is a deepity.

“God is the God beyond Gods." is a deepity.

pops, most of your utterings belong on a new thread entitled, “Not Great Quotes”.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post