Great quotes

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 3.5 Average
17-12-2015, 09:15 PM
RE: Great quotes
All men’s miseries derive from not being able to sit in a quiet room alone. ~ Blaise Pascal

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post
18-12-2015, 07:57 AM
"Moooooooo!"
--Bessie

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 2 users Like Old Man Marsh's post
18-12-2015, 08:03 AM
A person who won't read has no advantage over one who can't read.

Mark Twain

Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/author...BPhwq6A.99

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 7 users Like Heatheness's post
18-12-2015, 05:08 PM
"If you're not eating bugs, you're not really paleo."

-Exo Protein . com

Crickets

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 5 users Like Can_of_Beans's post
19-12-2015, 03:39 PM
Many were increasingly of the opinion that they’d made a big mistake in coming down from the trees in the first place. And some said that even the trees had been a bad move, and that no one should have left the oceans. ~ Douglas Adams, A Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 4 users Like Full Circle's post
19-12-2015, 10:11 PM
(18-12-2015 05:08 PM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  "If you're not eating bugs, you're not really paleo."

-Exo Protein . com

Crickets

Laugh out load

Be true to yourself. Heart
[+] 1 user Likes Deidre32's post
19-12-2015, 10:12 PM
“The final proof of greatness lies in being able to endure criticism without resentment.” ~Elbert Hubbard

Aw, I may never be great then. LOL

Be true to yourself. Heart
[+] 2 users Like Deidre32's post
20-12-2015, 11:10 PM
"Moral deliberation is thereby reduced to a kind of psychoanalytic speculation into the inscrutable preferences of a super being."

-Ozymandias Ramses II on the The Crippling Effect of Divine Command Theory on Moral Reasoning

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 1 user Likes Can_of_Beans's post
21-12-2015, 07:58 PM
[Image: tumblr_nhojdxJSRz1qfhi5eo1_500.jpg]

I was tempted to make a thread out of this one, still considering it (and if you haven't seen the movie, it's brilliant, definitely a must-see):

[Image: We-accept-the-love-we-think-we-deserve.jpg]

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 2 users Like Nurse's post
22-12-2015, 05:05 PM
There are three phases to life. First, you believe in Santa Claus. Next, you do not believe in Santa Claus. Finally, through some kind of transanthrometamorphisis, you at last become Santa Claus.
--Unknown

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 2 users Like Old Man Marsh's post