RE: Great quotes
I know that after all is said and done, more is said than done.—Rita Mae Brown
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Grasshopper's post
15-01-2016, 02:29 PM
"Wealth is the ability to fully experience life." –Henry David Thoreau

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 1 user Likes Can_of_Beans's post
16-01-2016, 06:55 AM
Skepticism cannot be revolutionary, even though it speaks the language of revolution.

Raymond Aron.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
16-01-2016, 07:03 AM
(12-01-2016 09:18 AM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  "My parents were going to name me 'Jew,' but they didn't think it sounded Jewish enough, so they named me David Silverman."

-David Silverman

I once read where Isaac Asimov was accused of hiding his Jewishness by someone with a name like Bob Watson. Asimov replied that if he had wanted to hide his Jewishness he would have changed his name to something like Bob Watson.
[+] 3 users Like DerFish's post
17-01-2016, 11:35 AM
"Nationalism is our form of incest, is our idolatry, is our insanity. "Patriotism" is its cult. It should hardly be necessary to say, that by "patriotism" I mean that attitude which puts the own nation above humanity, above the principles of truth and justice;
not the loving interest in one’s own nation, which is the concern with the nation’s spiritual as much as with its material welfare—never with its power over other nations. Just as love for one individual which excludes the love for others is not love, love for one’s country which is not part of one’s love for humanity is not love, but idolatrous worship."
--Erich Fromm

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 3 users Like Old Man Marsh's post
17-01-2016, 08:28 PM
"One criticizes a thinker more severely when he advances a proposition we find unpleasing; and yet it would be more reasonable to do so when his proposition pleases us." - Friedrich Nietzche

Be true to yourself. Heart
[+] 6 users Like Deidre32's post
18-01-2016, 10:47 AM
(17-01-2016 08:28 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  "One criticizes a thinker more severely when he advances a proposition we find unpleasing; and yet it would be more reasonable to do so when his proposition pleases us." - Friedrich Nietzche

"Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you." - ibid.

#sigh
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post
18-01-2016, 05:21 PM
(18-01-2016 03:30 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Hint -- Pokemon and pussy exist only in two different universes......

Pick one...

heh

Laugh out load this made my really shitty STILL sick day a little bit brighter, excellent words of wisdom

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 3 users Like Nurse's post
22-01-2016, 09:17 AM
the biblical god had noah build a giant boat and put 2 of every animal on it. but he left no room for all of the innocent human babies in the world and drowned them all. fuck that god, and anyone who loves him. - me
[+] 1 user Likes Dark Wanderer's post
22-01-2016, 07:22 PM
"Sompeetalay. Vere tan te nacht vakee cheeta. Jabba warin cheeco wa rush anye katanye wanaroska. Chas kin yanee ke chusko!"
--Greedo

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.