Great quotes

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 3.5 Average
03-09-2014, 06:18 PM
RE: Great quotes
I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.Vince Lombardihe's

Pablos not the first one to say that Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-09-2014, 06:27 PM
(03-09-2014 06:15 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  "Don't let the sun go down on your anger." ~ unknown

What's the big whoop if it does?
I think it means don't go to bed angry. it can disrupt your sleep can prevent you from falling asleep or reduce the quality of sleep or cause nightmares.

if you can't do great things, do small things in a great way- someone
03-09-2014, 06:40 PM
Hmmm, I see. Thank u.

"Sing like no one is listening. Dance like no one is watching. Love like you've never been hurt. Live like it's heaven on earth." ~ Mark Twain

Maybe someday, I'll be able to do all 4.

Be true to yourself. Heart
03-09-2014, 06:43 PM
(03-09-2014 05:15 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  The quote I used for my senior quote in HS:

"If you put a frog into a pot of boiling water, it will immediately jump out. If you put a frog into cool water, and slowly raise it to a boil, it will stay in the water and slowly die."

I've always liked that quote.

03-09-2014, 06:48 PM
if enough people tell someone they are a worthless piece of shit and they are chronically rejected, they likely will resort to self loathing and it has nothing to do with narcissistic personality disorder- someone

if enough people tell a straight person that they are gay, they will believe that they are gay -Timothy pida
03-09-2014, 06:53 PM
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken." ~ Oscar Wilde

03-09-2014, 07:54 PM
(03-09-2014 03:26 PM)Wicked Clown Wrote:  
(03-09-2014 03:09 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  Matt. Are you familiar with narcissistic personality disorder?
That is what I believe is your issue.
And I say that to help you. You have a lot of the signs of it.
The hallmark sign is self loathing.
I told that to you when you first came to AF.
This is why I have a hard time staying your friend.
That is why you act as you do, my non professional opinion.
I don't think anybody here is a professional but I talk with professionals on a regular basis and have for years and they say I dont have that disorder. I deffinately have bipolar, with a likely possibility of borderline personality disorder, and symptoms of autism and PTSD.

trust me, I have seen enough therapists, counselors , and too many psychiatrists to even talk about ,and been in many treatment facilities. If I had narcissistic personality disorder , at least one of those 20 plus people would have recognized it.

but I was convinced I did , though not anymore.

just got your note FT.

To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment
Ralph Waldo Emmerson

GET THE FUCK OUT OF THIS THREAD.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
03-09-2014, 08:21 PM
Quote:“You can safely assume you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do.”
― Anne Lamott

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 2 users Like Minimalist's post
03-09-2014, 08:22 PM
(03-09-2014 07:54 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(03-09-2014 03:26 PM)Wicked Clown Wrote:  I don't think anybody here is a professional but I talk with professionals on a regular basis and have for years and they say I dont have that disorder. I deffinately have bipolar, with a likely possibility of borderline personality disorder, and symptoms of autism and PTSD.

trust me, I have seen enough therapists, counselors , and too many psychiatrists to even talk about ,and been in many treatment facilities. If I had narcissistic personality disorder , at least one of those 20 plus people would have recognized it.

but I was convinced I did , though not anymore.

just got your note FT.

To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment
Ralph Waldo Emmerson

GET THE FUCK OUT OF THIS THREAD.

Can I quote you on that? Laugh out load

A wise man once said "GET THE FUCK OUT OF THIS THREAD." -Chas

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 3 users Like Smercury44's post
03-09-2014, 08:51 PM
Lol!

@ minimalist...I love that quote!