Great quotes

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 3.71 Average
26-01-2016, 04:37 AM
RE: Great quotes
(26-01-2016 04:22 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(26-01-2016 03:54 AM)Capn. Irrelevant Wrote:  After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box.

Yet during the game king is more important.

All might be equal in face of death but it is no consolation for shitty life full of suffering and poverty. What happen after the game matters not for it's only the game that matters.
Can't argue with that.

Nor can I argue with the fact that if I'm the king, my queen is much more powerful. Laugh out load

“If a believer demands that I, as a nonbeliever, observe his taboos in the public domain, he is not asking for my respect, but for my submission.” ― Flemming Rose
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-01-2016, 04:47 AM
(26-01-2016 04:37 AM)Capn. Irrelevant Wrote:  Can't argue with that.

There is no arguing with facts Wink.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
Find all posts by this user
26-01-2016, 09:45 AM
You laugh because I am different; I laugh because you are all the same. -- anonymous quote on my officemate's wall
26-01-2016, 01:44 PM
(26-01-2016 09:45 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  You laugh because I am different; I laugh because you are all the same. -- anonymous quote on my officemate's wall

You should print it out and put it on everyone's wall in the office. Then they'll all be the same...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
26-01-2016, 01:54 PM
(26-01-2016 09:45 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  You laugh because I am different; I laugh because you are all the same. -- anonymous quote on my officemate's wall

Hey, we could print that on t-shirts and sell them to goth kids at an inflated price!

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
26-01-2016, 02:41 PM (This post was last modified: 27-01-2016 01:19 AM by Szuchow.)
It is from a weakness and smallness of mind that men are opinionated; and we are very loath to believe what we are not able to comprehend.

François de La Rochefoucauld.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 2 users Like Szuchow's post
26-01-2016, 03:09 PM
Honesty is the best policy, but insanity is a better defense."

-Steve Landesberg

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
26-01-2016, 04:05 PM
"I believe in my own strength, and nothing else" - allegedly said by an anonymous Viking.

Frustratingly enough I can't find a source for the quote. It's quoted in the manga Vinland Saga, but my google foo only turns up things that either don't attribute the quote or link it back to the manga. It could be made up Angry But if not, it's a cool thing to have said Smile

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
28-01-2016, 04:04 PM
History is politics projected into the past.

Mikhail Nikolayevich Pokrovsky.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 3 users Like Szuchow's post
29-01-2016, 05:45 PM
I know you. ^^ Big Grin

''when you no longer care what anyone thinks of you, you've reached a dangerous level of freedom.'' - unknown

Be true to yourself. Heart
[+] 2 users Like Deidre32's post