Great quotes

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 3.71 Average
29-01-2016, 05:46 PM
RE: Great quotes
(26-01-2016 02:41 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  It is from a weakness and smallness of mind that men are opinionated; and we are very loath to believe what we are not able to comprehend.

François de La Rochefoucauld.

Emphasis on the word 'men.'
Angel

Be true to yourself. Heart
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Deidre32's post
30-01-2016, 03:01 AM
I guess this is out of my own head - as I literally heard it in a dream a few minutes ago -- I believe part of it came from Monty Python...

We come from the void and we'll return to the void, and the human mind recoils from the immensity of that void. Men create their gods to bridge that abyss.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
30-01-2016, 08:40 AM
[Image: 903310f7a28f8c620e8481bf9571ffb6.jpg]

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
30-01-2016, 08:42 AM
[Image: images-72.jpeg]

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
30-01-2016, 08:47 AM
[Image: 5afff377bc5887639c5d51f955125e52.jpg]

30-01-2016, 08:52 AM
[Image: yoga-picture.jpg]

[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
30-01-2016, 09:04 AM
“Quotation, n: The act of repeating erroneously the words of another.”

― Ambrose Bierce, The Unabridged Devil's Dictionary

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 5 users Like Can_of_Beans's post
30-01-2016, 09:08 AM
[Image: practicing-quotes-7.jpg]

[+] 4 users Like jennybee's post
31-01-2016, 03:44 AM
(30-01-2016 09:08 AM)jennybee Wrote:  [Image: practicing-quotes-7.jpg]

... See I keep trying but the bricks fall down.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
31-01-2016, 07:49 AM
Big posts, not necessarily quotes (whatever), that Andy Frisella posted:

Quote:Growing up we all learn a lot of things.
We learn what to do.
We learn what not to do.
We learn what will get you punched in the face.
And we learn what will get your ass thrown in jail.
We learn these things from many different influences: Friends, family, teachers, peers, tv etc.
When I sit back and think about THE ABSOLUTE MOST IMPORTANT LESSON I HAVE EVER LEARNED...its a no brainer:
DO THE RIGHT THING
In business, as in life, along your journey people will lie, people will cheat, people will steal, people will pretend to be a friend to learn from you only to use that same information against you, they will smile in your face with zero integrity and wish bad upon you in that exact moment.
This is FACT.
Its not "if" its "when".
...but in the long run...if you stay true to yourself, focus on your mission & DO THE RIGHT THING you will ALWAYS win!

ALWAYS. ALWAYS. ALWAYS.

and

Quote:Lack of urgency.
The number one contributor to a passive and ultimately regretful life.
Look around you at the number of people who live day in day out with zero urgency to get anywhere.
They live as if they have all the time in the world, will never age, will never get sick, will never die.
...and then act surprised when things don't work out the way they wanted.
Don't be them.
Showing up doesn't cut it.
If you don't have urgency to get where you want to be...you surely aren't going to get there just because time passes.

If you are sitting there thinking, "Who in the blue hell is Andy Frisella? (and you probably are), he and his business partner started a dietary supplement shop back in 1999/2000. They struggled for a decade (and then some). Long story short, they both overcame it, and now his hard work (with the company 1st Phorm) has paid off. I'm not interested in anything in regards to his company. I like his project, which is called the MFCEO Project (yes, that literally translates to Motherfucking CEO), about working hard, being passionate and persevering to get what you want in life. He's a success story. I love success stories. I love it when good people win in life. It's inspiring, ergo I listen to and like what he has to say.
[+] 1 user Likes UndauntedToast's post