Great quotes

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 3.71 Average
31-01-2016, 07:55 AM
RE: Great quotes
(31-01-2016 03:44 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(30-01-2016 09:08 AM)jennybee Wrote:  [Image: practicing-quotes-7.jpg]

... See I keep trying but the bricks fall down.

Laugh out load Tongue
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
31-01-2016, 05:38 PM
"Magic will not free itself from occultism until we have strangled the last astrologer with the guts of the last spiritual master."
--Pete Carroll

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 2 users Like Old Man Marsh's post
31-01-2016, 09:32 PM
(31-01-2016 07:49 AM)UndauntedToast Wrote:  Big posts, not necessarily quotes (whatever), that Andy Frisella posted:

Quote:Growing up we all learn a lot of things.
We learn what to do.
We learn what not to do.
We learn what will get you punched in the face.
And we learn what will get your ass thrown in jail.
We learn these things from many different influences: Friends, family, teachers, peers, tv etc.
When I sit back and think about THE ABSOLUTE MOST IMPORTANT LESSON I HAVE EVER LEARNED...its a no brainer:
DO THE RIGHT THING
In business, as in life, along your journey people will lie, people will cheat, people will steal, people will pretend to be a friend to learn from you only to use that same information against you, they will smile in your face with zero integrity and wish bad upon you in that exact moment.
This is FACT.
Its not "if" its "when".
...but in the long run...if you stay true to yourself, focus on your mission & DO THE RIGHT THING you will ALWAYS win!

ALWAYS. ALWAYS. ALWAYS.

and

Quote:Lack of urgency.
The number one contributor to a passive and ultimately regretful life.
Look around you at the number of people who live day in day out with zero urgency to get anywhere.
They live as if they have all the time in the world, will never age, will never get sick, will never die.
...and then act surprised when things don't work out the way they wanted.
Don't be them.
Showing up doesn't cut it.
If you don't have urgency to get where you want to be...you surely aren't going to get there just because time passes.

If you are sitting there thinking, "Who in the blue hell is Andy Frisella? (and you probably are), he and his business partner started a dietary supplement shop back in 1999/2000. They struggled for a decade (and then some). Long story short, they both overcame it, and now his hard work (with the company 1st Phorm) has paid off. I'm not interested in anything in regards to his company. I like his project, which is called the MFCEO Project (yes, that literally translates to Motherfucking CEO), about working hard, being passionate and persevering to get what you want in life. He's a success story. I love success stories. I love it when good people win in life. It's inspiring, ergo I listen to and like what he has to say.

Thanks for this, I learned something new today. Thumbsup

Be true to yourself. Heart
01-02-2016, 04:46 PM
Nothing can be more contrary to religion and the clergy than reason and common sense.

Paul Henri Thiry d'Holbach.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
01-02-2016, 06:52 PM (This post was last modified: 01-02-2016 07:00 PM by Old Man Marsh.)
"That's America. Any kook can have any damn fool idea he wants."
--Red Foreman, That 70's Show

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 2 users Like Old Man Marsh's post
02-02-2016, 12:01 PM
"A pervert is someone having better sex than you ''
Darrel Ray

The one, true, and real Harvey

Bene vixit, bene qui latuit
René Descartes
[+] 5 users Like Harvey's post
04-02-2016, 10:55 PM
(02-02-2016 12:01 PM)Harvey Wrote:  "A pervert is someone having better sex than you ''
Darrel Ray

ConsiderLaugh out load

Be true to yourself. Heart
[+] 1 user Likes Deidre32's post
05-02-2016, 12:40 PM
The evil that is in the world almost always comes of ignorance, and good intentions may do as much harm as malevolence if they lack understanding.

Albert Camus.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
05-02-2016, 02:51 PM
(04-02-2016 10:55 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  
(02-02-2016 12:01 PM)Harvey Wrote:  "A pervert is someone having better sex than you ''
Darrel Ray

ConsiderLaugh out load
I took this from memory, and had to go back to The Thinking Atheist podcast no. 147 from january 2014. The full quote is: "The definition of a pervert is somebody who is getting better sex than you are".

René Descartes
05-02-2016, 03:41 PM
"Who the hell are these three mexicans, and how do they play so fast? "
Scott Ian (Anthrax)*

-----------
*From his speech at the funeral of Lemmy Kilmister in january this year. He is describing how he, as a 15 year old boy in 1980, sat listening for the first time to Motorhead's album The ace of spades, staring wide-eyed at the LP cover.

René Descartes