Great quotes

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 3.5 Average
26-02-2016, 09:16 PM
RE: Great quotes
"The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."

Bertrand Russell

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Can_of_Beans's post
28-02-2016, 11:55 AM
At any street corner the feeling of absurdity can strike any man in the face. - Albert Camus

I posted this as a separate thread on AF.org, but how do you all interpret this? It's intriguing.

Be true to yourself. Heart
[+] 2 users Like Deidre32's post
28-02-2016, 02:41 PM
(28-02-2016 11:55 AM)Deidre32 Wrote:  At any street corner the feeling of absurdity can strike any man in the face. - Albert Camus

I posted this as a separate thread on AF.org, but how do you all interpret this? It's intriguing.

Xians on St corners.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
29-02-2016, 09:13 AM
"Christ! Christ and Jesus!" -- Cynthia, a little girl who hasn't quite mastered profanity (in Philip Roth's Letting Go)
29-02-2016, 10:01 AM
There comes a time in life when you have to let go of all the pointless drama and the people who create it and surround yourself with people who make you laugh so hard you forget the bad and focus solely on the good. ~ unknown

This one sounds like the greeting vard variety saying but for some reason it struck a chord, especially the first half of it. Identify the people who cause drama in your life and discard them like worn out shoes. Yes

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
29-02-2016, 10:03 AM
(28-02-2016 11:55 AM)Deidre32 Wrote:  At any street corner the feeling of absurdity can strike any man in the face. - Albert Camus

I interpret this as coming face to face at any moment with the realization that all we are doing in life is staying busy while we await certain death.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
04-03-2016, 04:55 PM
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a palm resting on a human face. Forever."
--Unknown

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
17-03-2016, 07:54 PM
"Question your own authority."
--Schwa

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
17-03-2016, 11:51 PM
(17-03-2016 07:54 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  "Question your own authority."
--Schwa

Not sure if I'm qualified to comment...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
18-03-2016, 07:17 AM
[Image: Rumi-quotes.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post