Great quotes

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 3.5 Average
03-09-2014, 09:07 PM
RE: Great quotes
(03-09-2014 06:43 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  
(03-09-2014 05:15 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  The quote I used for my senior quote in HS:

"If you put a frog into a pot of boiling water, it will immediately jump out. If you put a frog into cool water, and slowly raise it to a boil, it will stay in the water and slowly die."

I've always liked that quote.
Nice. Honestly you are the first person that I've ever met who has heard it before.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Adrianime's post
03-09-2014, 10:25 PM
(03-09-2014 09:07 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  
(03-09-2014 06:43 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  I've always liked that quote.
Nice. Honestly you are the first person that I've ever met who has heard it before.

Someone mentioned it to me when I was "stuck" in a bad job. It always remained with me and now I share it with others.
Smile

Be true to yourself. Heart
04-09-2014, 08:11 AM
(03-09-2014 05:13 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  A quote I heard in the Anime "Psycho Pass" yesterday.
"The fool learns from experience while the wise learns from history."

Edit: I went and got a more exact version of the quote by searching google:
"They say that fools learn from their experiences while the wise learn from history. I hope you're not a fool.” – Ginoza Nobuchika (Psycho-Pass)

The only thing we learn from history is that we learn nothing from history. ~Friedrich Hegel

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
04-09-2014, 12:47 PM
(03-09-2014 08:51 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  Lol!

@ minimalist...I love that quote!

What else is religion for, dear?

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
04-09-2014, 12:52 PM
(03-09-2014 05:15 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  The quote I used for my senior quote in HS:

"If you put a frog into a pot of boiling water, it will immediately jump out. If you put a frog into cool water, and slowly raise it to a boil, it will stay in the water and slowly die."
That quote is not actually true, though.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
04-09-2014, 03:54 PM
Political Correctness is the worse possible form of censorship. It barricades the truth until there is nothing left for it to mean anything, then it makes everyone blind. - Me.

[Image: tumblr_mhlahyonF51qaozevo1_250.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-09-2014, 03:59 PM
(04-09-2014 03:54 PM)I Slappa DaFace Wrote:  Political Correctness is the worse possible form of censorship. It barricades the truth until there is nothing left for it to mean anything, then it makes everyone blind. - Me.
*worst

Smartass

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
04-09-2014, 04:10 PM
Wow, I can't believe I didn't spot that. I've been told by friends I am a grammar Nazi too, so that's a shocker!

[Image: tumblr_mhlahyonF51qaozevo1_250.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-09-2014, 04:10 PM
(04-09-2014 03:54 PM)I Slappa DaFace Wrote:  Political Correctness is the worse possible form of censorship. It barricades the truth until there is nothing left for it to mean anything, then it makes everyone blind. - Me.

Hmmm. PC is censorship you think? I've never considered that.
Consider

Be true to yourself. Heart
04-09-2014, 04:20 PM
(04-09-2014 12:52 PM)Vosur Wrote:  

That quote is not actually true, though.
Yeah, I considered that it may not be. But the message still is great!

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.