Great quotes

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 3.71 Average
15-04-2016, 01:06 AM
RE: Great quotes
(15-04-2016 01:01 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  The universe has a much greater imagination than we do, which is why the real story of the universe is far more interesting than any of the fairy tales we have invented to describe it.

Lawrence Krauss.

While I like the quote, a theist would read that and be like "You SEE! He believes in God!"

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
15-04-2016, 01:10 AM
(15-04-2016 01:06 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(15-04-2016 01:01 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  The universe has a much greater imagination than we do, which is why the real story of the universe is far more interesting than any of the fairy tales we have invented to describe it.

Lawrence Krauss.

While I like the quote, a theist would read that and be like "You SEE! He believes in God!"

Theists are capable of seeing their favorite space wizard everywhere so I do not put much stock in their opinions.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 4 users Like Szuchow's post
20-04-2016, 08:18 PM
It seems that the immature mind has a regrettable tendency to believe, as actually true, that which it only hopes to be true. ~ Fred Schwed Jr., Where Are the Customer’s Yachts?

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
20-04-2016, 09:34 PM
"the street is loaded with darkness."
JACK KEROUAC: October in the Railroad Earth

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
21-04-2016, 05:50 PM
“Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed.” - G.K. Chesterton

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Shai Hulud's post
22-04-2016, 12:45 AM
Skepticism cannot be revolutionary, even though it speaks the language of revolution.

Raymond Aron.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 2 users Like Szuchow's post
22-04-2016, 06:37 AM
“There are times, however, and this is one of them, when even being right feels wrong. What do you say, for instance, about a generation that has been taught that rain is poison and sex is death? If making love might be fatal and if a cool spring breeze on any summer afternoon can turn a crystal blue lake into a puddle of black poison right in front of your eyes, there is not much left except TV and relentless masturbation. It's a strange world. Some people get rich and others eat shit and die.”
― Hunter S. Thompson, Generation of Swine: Tales of Shame and Degradation in the '80's

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 4 users Like onlinebiker's post
22-04-2016, 05:42 PM
"I don't want to live on through my work. I want to live on in my apartment."

-Woody Allen

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 2 users Like Can_of_Beans's post
23-04-2016, 03:51 AM
[Image: quote-insanity-is-believing-your-halluci...-35-40.jpg]

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 3 users Like Old Man Marsh's post
23-04-2016, 04:05 AM
(15-04-2016 01:10 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(15-04-2016 01:06 AM)morondog Wrote:  While I like the quote, a theist would read that and be like "You SEE! He believes in God!"

Theists are capable of seeing their favorite space wizard everywhere so I do not put much stock in their opinions.

Their favorite trans-dimensional, undetectable, emotionally stunted, supremely petulant, space wizard. Thumbsup

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post