Great quotes

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 3.71 Average
28-04-2016, 12:23 AM
RE: Great quotes
When dictatorship is a fact, revolution becomes a right.

Victor Hugo.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Szuchow's post
12-05-2016, 08:11 AM
Tom Cruise’s character in the movie Cocktail, “Everything ends badly, otherwise it wouldn’t end.”

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
12-05-2016, 08:24 AM
[Image: 526d826135144386755f5d6eef21511c.jpg]

The invisible and the non-existent look very much alike
Excreta Tauri Sapientam Fulgeat (The excrement of the bull causes wisdom to flee)
[+] 9 users Like Silly Deity's post
14-05-2016, 08:14 AM
A sane person in an insane society must appear insane. ~ Kurt Vonnegut

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
15-05-2016, 05:53 AM
“As long as a population can be induced to believe in a supernatural hereafter, it can be oppressed and controlled. People will put up with all sorts of tyranny, poverty, and painful treatment if they're convinced that they'll eventually escape to some resort in the sky where lifeguards are superfluous and the pool never closes. Moreover, the faithful are usually willing to risk their skins in whatever military adventure their government may currently be promoting.”

Tom Robbins "Skinny Legs and All"

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
15-05-2016, 01:10 PM
(15-05-2016 05:53 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  “As long as a population can be induced to believe in a supernatural hereafter, it can be oppressed and controlled. People will put up with all sorts of tyranny, poverty, and painful treatment if they're convinced that they'll eventually escape to some resort in the sky where lifeguards are superfluous and the pool never closes. Moreover, the faithful are usually willing to risk their skins in whatever military adventure their government may currently be promoting.”

Tom Robbins "Skinny Legs and All"

Make America great again? Doesn't have to be a supernatural hereafter.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
28-05-2016, 06:22 PM (This post was last modified: 28-05-2016 09:58 PM by Full Circle.)
It is astonishing what foolish things one can temporarily believe if one thinks too long alone. ~ John Maynard Keynes, The General Theory of Employment, Interest and Money

[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
30-05-2016, 07:12 AM
Spaceship Earth has no emergency exit. ~ ecoglobe.ch

10-06-2016, 02:43 PM
"If a pill seems too hard to swallow, it's probably a suppository. You know exactly where you can stick it."
--Old Man Marsh

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post
12-06-2016, 06:36 AM
Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies. ~ Groucho Marx

Seems apropos during election year.

[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post