Great quotes

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 3.71 Average
04-09-2014, 04:21 PM
RE: Great quotes
(04-09-2014 04:20 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  Yeah, I considered that it may not be. But the message still is great!

You hate frogs that much?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
04-09-2014, 04:23 PM
(04-09-2014 04:21 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(04-09-2014 04:20 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  Yeah, I considered that it may not be. But the message still is great!
You hate frogs that much?
Haha, I mean the metaphor is great Smartass. But I'm sure you knew that.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
04-09-2014, 04:25 PM
people who live in glass houses should not throw stones. - grandpa

People living in glass houses should masturbate in the basement - grandson
04-09-2014, 04:26 PM
"It's better to have loved and lost, than to have never loved at all."

I disagree. Big Grin

If you've never loved (romantically speaking), then you don't have a reference point. If you get hurt from love, how can that be better?

I've loved and "lost," and it sucks. Sad

Be true to yourself. Heart
[+] 1 user Likes Deidre32's post
04-09-2014, 04:26 PM
(04-09-2014 04:10 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  
(04-09-2014 03:54 PM)I Slappa DaFace Wrote:  Political Correctness is the worse possible form of censorship. It barricades the truth until there is nothing left for it to mean anything, then it makes everyone blind. - Me.

Hmmm. PC is censorship you think? I've never considered that.
Consider

I don't consider it to be intentional censorship, but in my opinion it is used, sometimes, in rather extreme circumstances. An example would be the inability to discuss something on your mind, without being automatically judged, ridiculed, or morally persecuted by either the majority or those of a higher authority. This example is very widely witnessed on debate shows like the UK's debate programme 'Question Time'. Not in the literal sense, but in a slow process, Political Correctness can cause people to censor their views being expressed, despite the fact that we live in countries that (within reason) prides them-selves on allowing the population to freedom of expression.

[Image: tumblr_mhlahyonF51qaozevo1_250.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-09-2014, 04:27 PM
(04-09-2014 04:25 PM)Wicked Clown Wrote:  people who live in glass houses should not throw stones. - grandpa

Good grief lol

Be true to yourself. Heart
04-09-2014, 04:29 PM
(04-09-2014 04:26 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  "It's better to have loved and lost, than to have never loved at all."

I disagree. Big Grin

If you've never loved (romantically speaking), then you don't have a reference point. If you get hurt from love, how can that be better?

I second this. I've had love that couldn't possibly work, and was lost, and it caused me to endure a terrible first year at University. :\

04-09-2014, 04:33 PM
(04-09-2014 04:27 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  
(04-09-2014 04:25 PM)Wicked Clown Wrote:  people who live in glass houses should not throw stones. - grandpa

Good grief lol
I think the quotes about people in glass houses should not throw stones has to do with the fact that all of us live in glass houses. all of us have fears , and extreme vulnerabilities, and are very fragile in some way and don't like to be antagonized and tend to be very hurt when it happens. so we shouldn't throw rocks at them if those same rocks wld shatter us and we know how it feels so KNOCK IT OFF!
04-09-2014, 04:34 PM
Just to go back to my point on Political Correctness and debate shows. I think this quote by Noam Chomsky reinforces my point: “The smart way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of acceptable opinion, but allow very lively debate within that spectrum....”

04-09-2014, 04:34 PM
(04-09-2014 04:26 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  "It's better to have loved and lost, than to have never loved at all."

I disagree. Big Grin

I re-agree (dis-disagree?) Big Grin. If you've loved and lost, you have a reference point, so you know more about what you want, what you need, what is acceptable (or not) and what you deserve. Plus you have the fond experiences and memories that go along with attaining *love*. Before (romantic) love you can only build up expectations on what you think it will be like.

To me, it's kind of like wishing you never had gone to Disneyland because at one point the vacation came to an end. At least you have your memories.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
[+] 2 users Like Adrianime's post