Great quotes

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 3.71 Average
09-08-2016, 12:35 PM
RE: Great quotes
Not exactly a quote but great on several levels.

[Image: tumblr_obiliwvTDt1qzag1wo1_500_zpsmwszjxwo.jpg]

Love the guy's screen name who responds. Thumbsup

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 10 users Like Anjele's post
09-08-2016, 12:37 PM
(09-08-2016 12:35 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Not exactly a quote but great on several levels.

[Image: tumblr_obiliwvTDt1qzag1wo1_500_zpsmwszjxwo.jpg]

Love the guy's screen name who responds. Thumbsup

Now that's just fucking funny. That's Grammar Nazi Vosur funny. Big Grin

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
13-08-2016, 07:58 PM
"We all have strength enough to endure the misfortunes of others." -- Rochefoucauld

"If I ignore the alternatives, the only option is God; I ignore them; therefore God." -- The Syllogism of Fail
[+] 2 users Like Reltzik's post
16-08-2016, 08:28 PM
"Narcissus was incredibly self aware."

-- Unknown

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post
21-08-2016, 07:51 PM
People who have no emotional stake in a decision can see what needs to be done sooner. ~ Andy Grove, Intel CEO

I think this is one reason why asking the forum members for advice has worked out well for me and hopefully for others as well.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 4 users Like Full Circle's post
23-08-2016, 05:48 AM
Nietzsche's been in the news a lot recently. Book reviews of biographies. Reconsiderations of his tragic life. He rightly heaped all the scorn he could on to the nascent anti-Semitism of his times yet is perversely regarded [by people who obviously cannot read but still manage to know everything nevertheless] as some sort of intellectual twin to really vile nutters, like Wagner.

I'd love to contribute some quotes, but I'm afraid mine would mostly be from Woody Allen. He claimed in one of his gigs to have studied metaphysics in college but got himself thrown off the course for cheating during an exam by looking into the soul of the student sitting next to him. I like the title of the second chapter of his "My Philosophy": Eschatological Dialectics as a Means of Coping with Shingles.
23-08-2016, 11:31 AM
(23-08-2016 05:48 AM)Gert Heide Wrote:  I like the title of the second chapter of his "My Philosophy": Eschatological Dialectics as a Means of Coping with Shingles.
I've had Shingles. Does his approach work?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
23-08-2016, 05:09 PM
In dubious honor of the firing of Mark Shea and Simcha Fischer from the National Catholic Register because they refused to bow and scrape and kiss Trump's ass and therefore aren't good enough Catholics to work for NCR, this amazingly true quote by George Carlin:

"Pro-life conservatives are obsessed with the fetus from conception to nine months. After that, they don't want to know about you. They don't want to hear from you. No nothing. No neonatal care, no day care, no head start, no school lunch, no foodstamps, no welfare, no nothing. If you're preborn, you're fine, if you're preschool, you're fucked."

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 7 users Like Shai Hulud's post
24-08-2016, 02:57 AM
I've checked. Strangely, this short chapter mentions Democritus, Leibnitz and monads but has nothing remotely medical to impart.

Aren't shingles caused by a virus related to the pathogen that causes chicken pox? If this is true, maybe an attack leaves sufferers with a lifelong immunity. I'm sure, having looked him up again, that Woody Allen is not the person to consult.
24-08-2016, 06:43 AM
(24-08-2016 02:57 AM)Gert Heide Wrote:  I've checked. Strangely, this short chapter mentions Democritus, Leibnitz and monads but has nothing remotely medical to impart.

Aren't shingles caused by a virus related to the pathogen that causes chicken pox? If this is true, maybe an attack leaves sufferers with a lifelong immunity. I'm sure, having looked him up again, that Woody Allen is not the person to consult.

IIRC immunity ain't the word. Once you've had an attack you're set for a whole range of lovely follow up stuff.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.