Great quotes

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 3.5 Average
27-08-2016, 09:44 PM
RE: Great quotes
''If this is a dream, I'll kill the man who wakes me.'' - Khal Drogo (Game of Thrones)

Be true to yourself. Heart
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Deidre32's post
27-08-2016, 11:10 PM
An ignorant mind is precisely not a spotless, empty vessel, but one that’s filled with the clutter of irrelevant or misleading life experiences, theories, facts, intuitions, strategies, algorithms, heuristics, metaphors, and hunches that regrettably have the look and feel of useful and accurate knowledge. ~ David Dunning, The Dunning-Kruger Effect

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 4 users Like Full Circle's post
29-08-2016, 07:45 PM
The less that you give, you're a taker. - Black Sabbath

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
30-08-2016, 07:03 AM
The t-shirt slogan I had printed when I went back to college, aged 60:

Don't think of me as old, just older.

Wiser?

No - just older.

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
30-08-2016, 09:39 AM
“Hurry it up, you Hoosier bastard!” I could kill 10 men while you’re fooling around!”
- Carl Panzram, as he awaited execution

'Murican Canadian
30-08-2016, 12:27 PM
"That's not chutzpah, that's ch-horseshit!"

John Oliver

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post
30-08-2016, 12:47 PM
" The greatest piece of fiction, the most influential and most dangerous piece of fiction ever to be created was the assertion that Good always trumps Evil.

It's been the backbone of every major successful story or article of propaganda that has ever been created. It has been beaten into us by the whimsical, but blind majority of story tellers and leaders. It is, in essence, the greatest lie ever told."

--Fernando the Poo

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

30-08-2016, 12:59 PM
"The llama is the warrior of the animal world" - Head of Wax Larry King, Gravity Falls.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-08-2016, 01:15 PM
" Thing is, if you're fighting Nazis, the USSR is an ally, no matter how weird and downright inhuman their apparatus is. If you're fighting homegrown Nazis, telling the troops that "they're part of the problem" because of their non-vegan, non-locally grown diet is not helping. It's making everything worse. It's letting Nazis win so you can have the smelliest farts under the blanket."

The Good Reverend Roger

30-08-2016, 01:34 PM
(30-08-2016 01:15 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  " Thing is, if you're fighting Nazis, the USSR is an ally, no matter how weird and downright inhuman their apparatus is. If you're fighting homegrown Nazis, telling the troops that "they're part of the problem" because of their non-vegan, non-locally grown diet is not helping. It's making everything worse. It's letting Nazis win so you can have the smelliest farts under the blanket."

The Good Reverend Roger

I'm confused. I literally have no idea what the good reverend Roger is saying.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.