Great quotes

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 3.71 Average
07-09-2016, 08:35 AM
RE: Great quotes
(07-09-2016 06:37 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  “It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends on his not understanding it.” ~ Upton Sinclair

Where I used to work, we would hire consultants to solve some problems. These people would circle a problem like a shark, and tease it for weeks or months before closing in for the kill. I've suggested solutions to problems only to see consultants hired who eventually came to the same solution as I had, but months later, with a compensation rate of at least double what I made. I did work as a consultant for about a year in the '90s. I worked my way right out of the job by focusing on solutions instead of obfuscation. At least I can look at my face in the mirror without shame.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post
07-09-2016, 08:46 AM
(07-09-2016 08:35 AM)Fireball Wrote:  
(07-09-2016 06:37 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  “It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends on his not understanding it.” ~ Upton Sinclair

Where I used to work, we would hire consultants to solve some problems. These people would circle a problem like a shark, and tease it for weeks or months before closing in for the kill. I've suggested solutions to problems only to see consultants hired who eventually came to the same solution as I had, but months later, with a compensation rate of at least double what I made. I did work as a consultant for about a year in the '90s. I worked my way right out of the job by focusing on solutions instead of obfuscation. At least I can look at my face in the mirror without shame.

A company I worked for hired a consultant (at what we found out later was a 6 figure billing) --- who after a couple of months of screwing around - bothering the employees, and generally making everyone nervous --- called a meeting...

He figured we weren't doing our time cards correctly - and that was the problem.......

The guys who did the real work - and made the real money for the company all looked at each other -- laughed - and literally told this guy to go fuck himself....

We all left and went to lunch....

The owner was pissed --- but after he took a good look at the "consultants" results - conceded that we were right....

They ended up in court...

Consultants -- trying to find the problem by calling in someone unfamiliar with the entire operation. How this works is a bit of a mystery.

It's a bit too close to religion for my liking...

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 4 users Like onlinebiker's post
08-09-2016, 06:53 PM
(07-09-2016 08:35 AM)Fireball Wrote:  

There's a demotivational poster I have as part of my calendar, "Consulting: Because if you can't be the solution, there's money to be made in prolonging the problem."

---

"American laws are based on a secular constitution, not the Bible. Any scriptures that might support a good law do so only because they have met the test of human values." - Dan Barker, Godless

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
10-09-2016, 10:11 AM
"You are not the Fuckface Whisperer."
--the nice folks over at boingboing

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
10-09-2016, 06:30 PM
[Image: c2EoIlM.jpg]

'Murican Canadian
16-09-2016, 08:15 AM
" Margrethe said nothing —characteristically. If she disagreed, she usually said nothing. She seemed to have no interest in winning arguments, in which she must differ from 99 percent of the human race... many of whom appear willing to suffer any disaster rather than lose an argument."
--Robert Heinlein, Job: A Comedy of Justice

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

[+] 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post
16-09-2016, 09:25 AM
(16-09-2016 08:15 AM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  " Margrethe said nothing —characteristically. If she disagreed, she usually said nothing. She seemed to have no interest in winning arguments, in which she must differ from 99 percent of the human race... many of whom appear willing to suffer any disaster rather than lose an argument."
--Robert Heinlein, Job: A Comedy of Justice

Heinlein, one of the greats! Love his writing.
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
16-09-2016, 03:17 PM
"At least the NSA actually listens to me!"
-- some lonely schmuck

[+] 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post
16-09-2016, 06:15 PM (This post was last modified: 16-09-2016 06:21 PM by GirlyMan.)
Going on a Criminal Minds binge watch to get away from the politics. It's less disturbing.

“If men could only know each other, they would neither idolize nor hate.” - Elbert Hubbard

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
17-09-2016, 05:21 PM
''Nobody texts faster than a pissed off female.'' - unknown

lol! I resemble that remark sometimes...Unsure

Be true to yourself. Heart
[+] 1 user Likes Deidre32's post