Great quotes

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 3.71 Average
17-09-2016, 05:30 PM
RE: Great quotes
(16-09-2016 03:17 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  "At least the NSA actually listens to me!"
-- some lonely schmuck
...are you Snowden? Are you reading my emails? Tongue

(17-09-2016 05:21 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  ''Nobody texts faster than a pissed off female.'' - unknown
Holy moly that was one of my breakups. Before I could reply to a single message, I'd get 3 more.

---

"It is wonderful how much time good people spend fighting the devil. If they would only expend the same amount of energy loving their fellow men, the devil would die in his own tracks of ennui." - Helen Keller

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Shai Hulud's post
17-09-2016, 08:40 PM
(17-09-2016 05:30 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Holy moly that was one of my breakups. Before I could reply to a single message, I'd get 3 more.

LOL!!

Breaking up is a different story. I usually have never contacted my ex bf's ever again after a break up. But during an argument? I can out text anyone. Laugh out load

Be true to yourself. Heart
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Deidre32's post
19-09-2016, 09:48 AM
“I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind.” - Poe

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
22-09-2016, 08:47 AM
"Your car is 16 years old -- it's old enough to get a license and drive itself." -- Ray Magliozzi, from "Car Talk" (advice to someone who wants to do his own tune-up on a 2000 Chevy Monte Carlo)
[+] 2 users Like Grasshopper's post
27-09-2016, 12:40 PM
"I'm gonna wash myself with innocent virgin blood and attain eternal life!"

--Countess Báthory

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post
29-09-2016, 06:47 PM
"I used to think I was REBELLIOUS. Now I try my best to look straight edged, so that nobody looks at me when the customers come back asking why our marketing emails begin with "Dear Mr. or Mrs. Fuckwad," and get progressively worse from there."

--Trix

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

[+] 2 users Like Old Man Marsh's post
30-09-2016, 06:23 PM
"Moral indignation is in most cases 2% moral, 48% indignation and 50% envy."
--Vittoiro de Sica

[+] 3 users Like Old Man Marsh's post
03-10-2016, 12:24 PM
"At a power plant there is a magician who oversees the grid, and the leylines he guards are high tension wires and if he fails in his task we are all plunged into darkness."
--Q.G. Pennyworth

06-10-2016, 04:03 PM
“Live all you can; it's a mistake not to. It doesn't so much matter what you do in particular so long as you have your life. If you haven't had that what have you had? … I haven’t done so enough before—and now I'm too old; too old at any rate for what I see. … What one loses one loses; make no mistake about that. … Still, we have the illusion of freedom; therefore don't be, like me, without the memory of that illusion. I was either, at the right time, too stupid or too intelligent to have it; I don’t quite know which. Of course at present I'm a case of reaction against the mistake. … Do what you like so long as you don't make my mistake. For it was a mistake. Live!”

Henry James

First sentence I think is at the start of Hitch-22

Saints live in flames; wise men, next to them.
07-10-2016, 09:54 AM
Great quotes
There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.

Elie Wiesel.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 3 users Like Szuchow's post