Great quotes

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 3.71 Average
12-10-2016, 12:39 PM
RE: Great quotes
From Jon Rosenberg's "The Unicorn Crisis" (The Hidden Academy" book 1)
Quote:"God damn it!' I yelled. I may be an atheist but it always helps to have a deity to blame when the shit hits the fan.

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Gloucester's post
12-10-2016, 10:51 PM
"Death is only the end if you assume the story is about you." -Welcome to Night Vale twitter
[+] 3 users Like dustyrose's post
14-10-2016, 12:41 AM
By striving to do the impossible, man has always achieved what is possible. Those who have cautiously done no more than they believed possible have never taken a single step forward.

Mikhail Bakunin.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 3 users Like Szuchow's post
14-10-2016, 06:38 AM
You can always count on Americans to do the right thing - after they’ve tried everything else. ~ Winston Churchill

That’s what I expect both this November 8th and again on November 8th, 2020 when both political parties have realized that we have devolved to warring factions and have put party above country...or so I hope.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 7 users Like Full Circle's post
14-10-2016, 08:53 AM
History is a vast early warning system.” ~ Norman Cousins

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
14-10-2016, 08:56 AM
(14-10-2016 08:53 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  History is a vast early warning system.” ~ Norman Cousins

"And no bugger takes notice of it" - me

[+] 1 user Likes Gloucester's post
14-10-2016, 11:46 AM (This post was last modified: 14-10-2016 12:02 PM by Gloucester.)
On BBC Radio 4's "News Quiz" (a comedy prog)

"Hilary is everything that Trump hates - a woman of his own age."

[+] 4 users Like Gloucester's post
16-10-2016, 03:46 PM
How perfect. Misogyny will play midwife to history. After being treated by Trump as if they’re disposable, women will dispose of him — at the urging of the first lady, in the service of the first female president. ~ Frank Bruni, New York Times

[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
16-10-2016, 06:42 PM
"The best revenge is to be unlike him who performed the injury." - Marcus Aurelius

[+] 2 users Like GenesisNemesis's post
17-10-2016, 01:14 AM
A human being survives by his ability to forget. Memory is always ready to blot out the bad and retain only the good.

Varlam Shalamov.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post