Great quotes

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 3.71 Average
08-12-2016, 03:49 PM
RE: Great quotes
Statistician, a person who lays with his head in a oven and his feet in a deep freeze stating, “On the average, I feel comfortable". ~ Bruce Grossman

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
08-12-2016, 07:11 PM
Lifes tragedy is that we get old to soon and wise to late.

It's easy to be an angel when you are in heaven.

Both are anonymous quote, but the second one is frequently attributed to Anne Frank.

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
[+] 1 user Likes epronovost's post
08-12-2016, 08:23 PM
"Surely no subject in early college mathematics is more exciting or more fun to teach than the calculus. It is like being the ringmaster of a great three ring circus. It has been said that one can recognize the students on a college campus who have studied the calculus−they are the students with no eyebrows. In utter astonishment at the incredible applicability of the subject, the eyebrows of the calculus students have receded higher and higher and finally vanished over the backs of their heads." An excerpt from Great Moments in Mathematics by Howard Eves

"I'm fearful when I see people substituting fear for reason." Klaatu, from The Day The Earth Stood Still (1951)
[+] 3 users Like Kernel Sohcahtoa's post
09-12-2016, 12:22 AM
(08-12-2016 08:23 PM)Kernel Sohcahtoa Wrote:  "Surely no subject in early college mathematics is more exciting or more fun to teach than the calculus. It is like being the ringmaster of a great three ring circus. It has been said that one can recognize the students on a college campus who have studied the calculus−they are the students with no eyebrows. In utter astonishment at the incredible applicability of the subject, the eyebrows of the calculus students have receded higher and higher and finally vanished over the backs of their heads." An excerpt from Great Moments in Mathematics by Howard Eves

Out of all the shit that I studied in my degree, calculus has been by far the most useful.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
12-12-2016, 12:05 AM
"If someone had been raised with the concept that upon entering the 'afterlife' they would get a hand job from Micky Mouse, then what do you think they are going to see?"

--OMC

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post
21-12-2016, 02:23 AM
Political language... is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind.

George Orwell.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 3 users Like Szuchow's post
21-12-2016, 08:55 AM
"Get fucked, you dopey prick."

—SYZ, circa 1989

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
27-12-2016, 01:32 PM
"You live in a country (you Americans anyway) where your fellows put a sticker on the back of their car so the people behind them will know what kind of cooler they own. Because keeping your beer chilled in a $400 plastic box is a status symbol and owning one gives you bragging rights over the mundanes who have to make do with a Coleman. And if you spend any time on social media at all, it doesn’t take long to realize that people who derive some kind of social status from a goddamned icebox, really, really care about the number of clicks and likes and shares they get and it doesn’t really matter to them if what they post is true or not."

--Jim Wright

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 3 users Like Old Man Marsh's post
27-12-2016, 03:55 PM
(27-12-2016 01:32 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  "You live in a country (you Americans anyway) where your fellows put a sticker on the back of their car so the people behind them will know what kind of cooler they own. Because keeping your beer chilled in a $400 plastic box is a status symbol and owning one gives you bragging rights over the mundanes who have to make do with a Coleman. And if you spend any time on social media at all, it doesn’t take long to realize that people who derive some kind of social status from a goddamned icebox, really, really care about the number of clicks and likes and shares they get and it doesn’t really matter to them if what they post is true or not."

--Jim Wright

I dun liked your post Mr Marsh. Now pony up the icebox.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
04-01-2017, 11:11 PM
[Image: 32748561b04f6409e9e51d54197111e7.jpg]

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post