Great quotes

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 3.5 Average
04-09-2014, 04:49 PM
RE: Great quotes
"When I was a little boy, I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realized, the Lord, in his wisdom, doesn't work that way. So I just stole one and asked Him to forgive me."

-Emo Phillips

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 9 users Like Can_of_Beans's post
04-09-2014, 04:54 PM
(04-09-2014 04:29 PM)I Slappa DaFace Wrote:  
(04-09-2014 04:26 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  "It's better to have loved and lost, than to have never loved at all."

I disagree. Big Grin

If you've never loved (romantically speaking), then you don't have a reference point. If you get hurt from love, how can that be better?

I've loved and "lost," and it sucks. Sad

I second this. I've had love that couldn't possibly work, and was lost, and it caused me to endure a terrible first year at University. :\
Aw. Sorry. But I suppose we become better for the things we endure yes?
(04-09-2014 04:33 PM)Wicked Clown Wrote:  
(04-09-2014 04:27 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  Good grief lol
I think the quotes about people in glass houses should not throw stones has to do with the fact that all of us live in glass houses. all of us have fears , and extreme vulnerabilities, and are very fragile in some way and don't like to be antagonized and tend to be very hurt when it happens. so we shouldn't throw rocks at them if those same rocks wld shatter us and we know how it feels so KNOCK IT OFF!
don't yell. Lol but fair enough.

(04-09-2014 04:34 PM)I Slappa DaFace Wrote:  Just to go back to my point on Political Correctness and debate shows. I think this quote by Noam Chomsky reinforces my point: “The smart way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of acceptable opinion, but allow very lively debate within that spectrum....”
How can there be lively debate if people are being passive? Hmmmm
You make me think. :-)
(04-09-2014 04:34 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  
(04-09-2014 04:26 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  "It's better to have loved and lost, than to have never loved at all."

I disagree. Big Grin

If you've never loved (romantically speaking), then you don't have a reference point. If you get hurt from love, how can that be better?

I've loved and "lost," and it sucks. Sad
I re-agree (dis-disagree?) Big Grin. If you've loved and lost, you have a reference point, so you know more about what you want, what you need, what is acceptable (or not) and what you deserve. Plus you have the fond experiences and memories that go along with attaining *love*. Before (romantic) love you can only build up expectations on what you think it will be like.

To me, it's kind of like wishing you never had gone to Disneyland because at one point the vacation came to an end. At least you have your memories.
Ok, that's really a dear way to see it. Love also grows us up, I reckon.
Thank you for your insight. I struggle with love/relationships.

Maybe I'll be a lil old lady living all alone someday with like 200 cats. And they will all love me unconditionally. Big Grin

Be true to yourself. Heart
04-09-2014, 04:56 PM
(04-09-2014 04:49 PM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  "When I was a little boy, I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realized, the Lord, in his wisdom, doesn't work that way. So I just stole one and asked Him to forgive me."

-Emo Phillips

Haha!

04-09-2014, 04:58 PM
Quote:It is not the things we do in life that we regret on our death bed. It is the things we do not.

-Randy Pausch

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
04-09-2014, 05:15 PM (This post was last modified: 04-09-2014 05:52 PM by Vosur.)
Maybe not great, but 2014 NFL Kick Off.... sorry Blush

[Image: UTTlEN4.jpg]

Shy

[Image: vince_lombardi_quote_on_perfection-395139.jpg]

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
04-09-2014, 05:44 PM (This post was last modified: 04-09-2014 05:54 PM by Vosur.)
(04-09-2014 05:15 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  Maybe not great, but 2014 NFL Kick Off.... sorry Blush

Shy

Quote: Remember what Vince Lombardi said "If you lose you're out of the family"

-Homer Simpson

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
04-09-2014, 05:53 PM
Just for the sake of transparency: I uploaded the first image in your post somewhere else and replaced the URL, Guley. My anti-virus program went off whenever I entered this thread.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
04-09-2014, 06:39 PM
"The real world is smaller than the imaginary one."
~ Nietzsche

04-09-2014, 06:41 PM
(04-09-2014 05:44 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(04-09-2014 05:15 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  Maybe not great, but 2014 NFL Kick Off.... sorry Blush

Shy

Quote: Remember what Vince Lombardi said "If you lose you're out of the family"

-Homer Simpson

No apologies, football season's fun. Big Grin

04-09-2014, 07:45 PM
The only sport I watch is tennis. I have no idea why...

[Image: tumblr_mhlahyonF51qaozevo1_250.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user