Great quotes

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 3.5 Average
04-09-2014, 08:13 PM
RE: Great quotes
Ecclesiastes 1
3 What profit hath a man/woman of all his/her labor which he/she taketh under the sun?
4 One generation passeth away, and another generation cometh: but the earth abideth for ever.
...14 I have seen all the works that are done under the sun; and, behold, all is vanity and vexation of spirit.
16 ¶ I communed with mine own heart, saying, Lo, I am come to great estate, and have gotten more wisdom than all they that have been before me in Jerusalem: yea, my heart had great experience of wisdom and knowledge.
17 And I gave my heart to know wisdom, and to know madness and folly: I perceived that this also is vexation of spirit.
18 For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-09-2014, 02:00 PM
''Very little is needed to make a happy life.'' ~ Unknown

Be true to yourself. Heart
[+] 1 user Likes Deidre32's post
06-09-2014, 02:19 PM
"I wish I had an answer to that because I'm tired of answering that question." - Yogi Berra

[Image: fdyq20.jpg]
08-09-2014, 11:28 AM
"Not my circus, not my monkeys."

-Polish Proverb

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 3 users Like Can_of_Beans's post
08-09-2014, 12:29 PM
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”

― Hunter S. Thompson

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 3 users Like evenheathen's post
08-09-2014, 01:23 PM
"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has."
-Margaret Mead

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
08-09-2014, 03:42 PM (This post was last modified: 08-09-2014 04:42 PM by Free Thought.)
Damn, we're getting into some meaningful quotes again...

"You can't see very far in a shitstorm." - John Bain

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
08-09-2014, 04:23 PM
''No good deed goes unpunished.''

I finally know what this means... Sad

08-09-2014, 04:24 PM
(08-09-2014 03:42 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Damn, we're getting into some meaningful quotes again...

"You can see very far in a shitstorm." - John Bain

you mean can't right?

I hope? Laugh out load

08-09-2014, 04:42 PM
(08-09-2014 04:24 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  
(08-09-2014 03:42 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Damn, we're getting into some meaningful quotes again...

"You can see very far in a shitstorm." - John Bain

you mean can't right?

I hope? Laugh out load

... Maybe...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.