Great quotes

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 3.5 Average
09-06-2017, 03:08 AM
RE: Great quotes
Religion is the impotence of the human mind to deal with occurrences it cannot understand.

Karl Marx.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Szuchow's post
09-06-2017, 04:13 PM
"Here's to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They're not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing you can't do is ignore them. Because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.”

― Rob Siltanen

"Governments don't want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking That is against their interests.
They want obedient workers people who are just smart enough to run the machines and do the paperwork And just dumb enough to passively accept it."

- George Carlin
[+] 3 users Like Ruby Crystal's post
18-06-2017, 08:16 AM
[Image: 7f3fda6a6259c7ecaac295138e86a6e1.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
18-06-2017, 08:20 AM (This post was last modified: 18-06-2017 08:38 AM by jennybee.)
[Image: 4a70ce1add3297979d5ce8fd463a8715.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
18-06-2017, 08:30 AM
edit...
19-06-2017, 07:40 AM
"Some people say Jesus wasn't Jewish. Of course he was Jewish! Thirty years old, single, lives with his parents, come on. He works in his father's business, his mom thought he was God's gift, he's Jewish. Give it up"
-Robin Williams

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
19-06-2017, 08:14 AM
My 6-year-old son Ben, "I don't want to get married, I just want to rent a kid. You know, get one online?"
[+] 1 user Likes Mr. Boston's post
19-06-2017, 08:27 AM
"Whoever imagines himself a favorite with God holds other people in contempt. Whenever a man believes that he has the exact truth from God, there is in that man no spirit of compromise. He has not the modesty born of the imperfections of human nature; he has the arrogance of theological certainty and the tyranny born of ignorant assurance. Believing himself to be the slave of God, he imitates his master, and of all tyrants, the worst is a slave in power." (Robert G. Ingersoll) Consider
[+] 3 users Like Gwaithmir's post
24-06-2017, 02:41 AM
Communism, like any other revealed religion, is largely made up of prophecies.

Henry Louis Mencken.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
02-07-2017, 12:29 PM
favorite quotes
I LOVE the signature lines people have in this place. How about sharing some of your favorite quotes? No particular subject requirement. I'll kick it off with a few:

"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it." (Robin Williams)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." (Anais Nin)

"Instinct is something that transcends knowledge. (Nikola Tesla)

"Alice: How long is forever?
White Rabbit: Sometimes, just one second." (Lewis Carroll in Alice in Wonderland)

"That's what I love you for: your inability to perceive all my hideous flaws." (Audrey Niffenegger)

"The greatest risk any of us will take is to be seen as who we are." (From Cinderella)

"With mirth and laughter, let old wrinkles come." (William Shakespeare)

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
[+] 1 user Likes outtathereligioncloset's post